My edits are not syncing between between desktop app and website

Options
bduick
bduick
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Windows

Hello,

The edits that I make on my.1password.com are syncing correctly with the Android app on my phone. However, they are not syncing with the desktop app on my Windows PC or the chrome browser extension on the same PC. Similarly, if I make edits in the desktop app, then I do not see them on my phone or on the website. This is affecting entry names, passwords, deleting vaults, etc.

It must have synced at least once because I initially used the desktop app to import my data from lastpass and that data did show up in all places. However, since then, any edits I have tried to make are not syncing even after 12 hours.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Data is not syncing across apps and website

Comments

• @bduick

Are you behind a VPN or proxy when the syncing has trouble? If you change networks or turn off the VPN do you have better results?

• bduick
    bduick
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the reply @ag_tommy. i am not behind a VPN or proxy though. i was on the same network and on the same computer when i did the initial import using the desktop app last weekend.

• @bduick

We'll, you've ruled out the most common scenarios. Thanks for that. We could look at a diagnostics report to try and determine what happened. You've indicated this was last weekend. Please be sure to include that information along with an estimate of the time the trouble occurred. That will help us narrow the search.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: bduick
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/139220/my-edits-are-not-syncing-between-between-desktop-app-and-website#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bduick
    bduick
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried opening the desktop app again, and it prompted me to enter my 2-factor authentication code which had not happened before. It also said something about not being able to sync until it was entered. I'm not sure if someone did something on the backend to trigger this, but now everything is working. It seems the sync issue must have started after I set up 2FA.

• Thanks for getting back to us, @bduick.

I'm happy to hear that things are back on track after receiving and entering the two-factor authentication code.

Please let us know if you encounter any other troubles, we'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.