messy OS update caused no access to 1P on Mac

marcdz
marcdz
Community Member

had latest version of OS12 on my Mac during which had 1P on Mac and iPhone, discovered that 13.1 had been automatically installed on Mac and with help of Apple support reverted to OS12 briefly but finally realized would be better to update to 13.3 after which discovered that my 1P master password no longer accepted. Now only able to see 1P data on iPhone, not on Mac Want to get accessible 1P on Mac and preferably revert on MacBookPro to using old 1P p/w and need help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:messy OS update no access to 1P on Mac

Comments

• Hello @marcdz! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to unlock 1Password on your Mac. We're here to help until you're back up and running. Are you receiving a specific error message when you enter your account password into the app? Are you using 1Password 8 or an earlier version of the app?

Can you also tell me if you're able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

-Dave

• marcdz
    marcdz
    Community Member

"That didn't work. Check your password and try again." 1P running on Mac OS is 8.10.3 and last checked for updates on 3/31/2023 10pm Interestingly, 1P is not asking me for p/w on iPhone and is giving me access to any p/w or other data I request which means if anyone w bad intent obtained my iPhone, they'd get every p/w I use for anything, which is creepy as hell!!

• @marcdz

Thank you for the reply. Are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

Interestingly, 1P is not asking me for p/w on iPhone and is giving me access to any p/w or other data I request which means if anyone w bad intent obtained my iPhone, they'd get every p/w I use for anything, which is creepy as hell!!

You can change how often 1Password requires your account password on your iPhone by following this guide: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

-Dave

• marcdz
    marcdz
    Community Member

Dave, just re-learned that giving self access to 1P on iPhone is by fingerprint/password! Now more concerned that unable to gain access to 1P on Mac though can gain access via 1Password.com. How can I return to using my original p/w to gain access to Mac 1P, and in meantime how is updating happening on the few passwords I've recently changed? Thanks...

• @marcdz

Thank you for the reply. So that I can better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• marcdz
    marcdz
    Community Member

Dave, please give me a hint on how to generate Diag Report. Kind of think I did that once before but don't alas remember. First looked in System Settings, but no find there. Thanks, M

• @marcdz

If you're using 1Password 8, you can generate a diagnostics report by following these steps:

1. Open 1Password 8. There's no need to unlock it.
    2. Choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar and then click Advanced.
    3. Click Send Diagnostics.
    4. Click Reveal.
    5. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file to your email. Use the instructions in my previous post regarding what information to include in your email.

Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

-Dave

• marcdz
    marcdz
    Community Member

[#IVX-51826-244]

• @marcdz

We'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for sending the report.

ref: IVX-51826-244

This discussion has been closed.