Different 1Password login for all devices?

Timothy Arends
Timothy Arends
Community Member

I just got a new iPhone 14+. One password is installed on the iPhone. I can't determine the version but it should be the latest one. I'm trying to get one password set up on all my Apple devices.

I know the password to log into 1Password on my Mac and all my logins seem to be there. On my iPad Pro, I login using touch ID, but I don't know the password personally. On my new iPhone, I tried using the password for my Mac, but it doesn't seem to be working. How do I determine the login for the iPhone?

By the way, I hate it when developers "dot out" the passwords on their interfaces. This dates back to the old shared terminal days of the 1960s and 1970s, but I'm not using a shared terminal, and I'm sure no one's looking over my shoulder when I'm trying to login to 1Password at home. I wish you added a way to at least temporarily show the password i'm entering, so I can make sure I'm typing it correctly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023

@Timothy Arends

Which interface are you describing? 1Password 8 has a reveal option. Which version of 1Password are you using? Do you see an eye looking icon when typing? Press it for a reveal. Can you share a screenshot? That may help. If it's 1Password 7 you'll also see a toolbar at the bottom of the page. 1Password 8 does not have this.

• Timothy Arends
    Timothy Arends
    Community Member

Hi, it appears I have two versions of 1Password installed on my iPhone, and I think I know how that happened. When I migrated my apps and data to the new iPhone, the older version of 1Password was migrated over, and later, when 1Password was downloaded, it did not replace the old version.

Now I guess the next step in resolving this is to identify and delete the older version.

I can describe the icons of the two versions. They both have the lock symbol in the middle, but on one icon, there are three hairlines going across, and on the other icon there are none. The Icon with the hairlines says 1Password 7 underneath, while the other icon just says 1Password.

• @Timothy Arends

1Password (with no number) is the current version. 1Password 7 is the previous one.

When you're happy that you can see everything you expect in 1Password 8, you can safely remove 1Password 7. If you're not yet seeing everything you would expect in 1Password 8, let me know and I'll be able to get you the appropriate help.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.