Feature Request: Bank Account item type/template

Options
YellowVista
YellowVista
Community Member

For the Bank Account item type/template, please add a username field and a password field as part of the default template. I can't think of a situation where I would add a bank account without adding those details. Would most people really create both a Login item for their bank (to record the username and password) and a Bank Account item to record routing number, etc.?

I know I can add those fields myself, but: (1) adding them manually every time is extra work, and (2) as described here ( https://1password.community/discussion/139358/bug-report-watchtower-only-checks-first-password-field-of-default-item-categories/ ), if I add a "password" field myself, 1Password doesn't display a strength meter and Watchtower doesn't check that field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@YellowVista

The banking template is designed to hold details of the account only. A login is designed for filling. Yes, most folks have both banking details and then a login. Another reason for this is if you ever need to recreate the login for whatever reason you do not trash your account details. Even if you add those details to the banking item they will not fill as a login would. Correct the baking item would not be included in Watchtower. I recommend using a login which will show in Watchtower. This is in addition to the banking details for recording account and routing numbers.

This discussion has been closed.