1password taking over active window?

MrPL
MrPL
Community Member

Did my best to search for this issue but didn't find anything. That said, I may not be thinking creatively enough with search terms. I have an issue that appears to have just started this past week, whereby every time I bring safari as the active app on my Mac, 1password takes over so that when I am typing I just get an error sound and I have to reselect safari as the active window. When this happens, I can tell because the active app in the finder menu is displayed as 1password, however no other window is open as far as I can tell. Not sure if this is the app or the extension that is playing games with me...

I can reproduce it about 4 times in 10 attempts, and I think it's doing it to other apps as well, but I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

Thanks for any ideas or help!

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @MrPL

Update 1Password to 8.10.4. It was released yesterday. If that doesn't prove fruitful try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
This discussion has been closed.