1Password taking focus

Options

Hi,

I am running build 81004033 and 1Password seems to be constantly taking focus from any window that I am using. I am running macOS 13.3.1.

Happens in Chrome, Safari, Notes, Excel, etc.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: mucous 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari and Chrome

Comments

• Hello @andrewh705! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is unexpectedly stealing focus from other apps on your Mac. Can you see if you can reproduce the issue with 1Password for Mac 8.10.5 (81005010)? If you can then please note the exact time when 1Password stole focus and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• elmntpublic
    elmntpublic
    Community Member
    Options

Just curious, this is happening to me as well. Why would a full diagnostics report be necessary? Can't you just prevent the app from ever taking focus like this? There's no reason any app on my Mac should ever do this.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@elmntpublic

I'm sorry that you're seeing this issue as well. 1Password definitely shouldn't be stealing focus from other apps, and it doesn't on my own Mac. A diagnostics report can help us determine why 1Password is taking focus from other apps on your particular Mac. You can see what a diagnostics report does and does not include here:

-Dave

• elmntpublic
    elmntpublic
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thanks for your reply Dave 👍🏼

• Dave_1P
    Options

@elmntpublic

I'm happy to help. If you do end up sending in a diagnostics report to the team using the instructions above then please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure it gets to the right team so that they can look into the focus problem that you're running into. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.