Same credentials for IP range

Options
fejtma
fejtma
Community Member

I have a bunch of devices (240) in my IP range and I have the same login credentials for all of them. And I would like the app to recommend these credentials to everyone. What URL should I set and is it even possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fejtma

As it stands, the "website" field in Login items doesn't support a range of IP addresses or ports. As such, you would currently need a "website" field for each IP address, which I understand would be quite cumbersome considering you mentioned 240 devices.

I'll forward your request for IP ranges to our Product team for their consideration, and thanks for contacting us about it.

You could try setting the Login as a Favorite and having 1Password in the browser always open to Favorites, instead of Suggestions. That way, although you wouldn't see the Login suggested on the actual form of the page, you could open 1Password from the browser toolbar and the item would be there, ready to go.

1. Right-click the item in 1Password and click "Add to Favorites".
    2. In your browser, right-click 1Password in the browser toolbar > Settings.
    3. Under the General section at the top, set "Open 1Password to" to Favorites.

Then, when you go to a login page for one of those devices, you can open 1Password by pressing ⇧⌘X (Shift–Command–X), or ⌘. (Command–Period) in Firefox. If needed, use the Up and Down arrow keys to highlight the appropriate item, then press Enter to autofill it.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

ref: PB32424194

This discussion has been closed.