Is it possible to fill identity (incl. address) from universal autofill?

asdfgeoff
asdfgeoff
Community Member

I can autofill usernames and passwords in browser forms using the ⌘ + \ shortcut.

However this doesn't seem to work for "identities" I have stored in 1Password—incl. name, address, phone number, etc.

I am able to search for the relevant entry, and am presented with the ability to copy individual fields to clipboard, but not to autofill all fields in the form with one click.

Is this something that should be possible—but I have a configuration issue—or a feature which is currently unsupported by 1Password?

Tested using this form: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited April 2023

Hi there @asdfgeoff

Although you won't see Autofill listed as an option in Quick Access, as you saw in your screenshot, you can still autofill Identity items by pressing ⇧↩ (Shift–Return) when it's highlighted. You'll briefly see "Show Details" turn into "Autofill" at the right-hand end of the item in Quick Access before it autofills. The fill.dev website you referenced is our own Test Autofill website, so will be perfect for giving that a go.

I'll raise a bug report with our Development team that the Autofill command should be visible in the list you showed to make it consistent with other autofillable item categories.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

ref: 32558972

• asdfgeoff
    asdfgeoff
    Community Member

Awesome to hear this is possible! Much more convenient than triggering via my browser extension. Thanks Grey!

• @asdfgeoff

You're welcome! Glad to help. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.