Running into issues with saving logins

itsmesueb
itsmesueb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Mac

Why when I create some logins do they save as a generic Icon that will not pull up at the sites login page, rather than others that save in the app with the websites Logo?. I have several logins that did not save in the correct format if you will, but instead are square with a colored background and 4 circles at the corners. This is hard to explain but hopefully someone will get this rather lame question. I’m asking this because although the information, ie passwords etc are saved in my 1PW app., if the login didn’t save with the sites logo, I have to exit the sites log in page, go into the 1PW app, scroll to the login, copy the password and paste it to the password field.

My memory is not good, but over the years I have had instances where while in my pw app., it will ask me if I want to convert the login to…… If I say yes, it will automatically change it. I just can’t figure out how to do this change manually.

All that long explaining was to simply ask, how do I change the generically created login to one that will pull up automatically in the sites login field and fill in the information through my browser?

Thanks for your patience and any help you can offer.☺️

1Password Version: 7.10.2
Extension Version: IPad
OS Version: 16.3.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:How do I turn what appears to be a generated basic login icon from this app to an official Login?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023

@itsmesueb

Does the login have a saved URL? That would be the first thing to check. It also sounds as if the item was created as a password type item. You should see a convert to login button in edit mode. Tap it, fill the URL and username. Have you given thought of moving to 1Password 8? 1Password 7 is no longer receiving updates and will only see important ones (security wise) moving forward.

• itsmesueb
    itsmesueb
    Community Member

Thank you! I knew this was a simple solution, but sometimes (if I’m honest most of the time) it’s staring me in the face. You were right, these logins do not have a URL inputted. I’m not sure under what scenery I’m in when I create the log in, but as I scroll through these not all offer the “conversion” you referenced, as in the one that I was struggling with that caused me to post. I opened it up in edit to look for that option, but it wasn’t available.

To answer your other question, no I have not updated to 8. I’ve looked at the reviews and most of what I see says it’s pretty glitchy. With my brain power I have a hard enough time keeping up with my own mistakes and mess. Anytime I have upgraded, the learning curve alone is pretty tough for me to get through, that would be without glitches 🤫🧑🏻‍🦳. So long as the Security is being updated with 7 I’m happy. I genuinely appreciate your fast response and help. You’ve gotten me beyond what I could’ve hoped for.

Have a blessed day,
    Susan

• You're most welcome! Please let me/us know if you have other questions.

This discussion has been closed.