Firefox icon greyed out

GladysFriday
GladysFriday
Community Member

I've just moved from 1password v7 to v8 on my iMac pretty much seamlessly - but one problem remains. The icon for 1password mini is greyed out on the Firefox browser. (Actually, it looks to be pulsing every few seconds as if it's trying to load but failing) I'm using the latest Firefox v112.0.1 (64 bit).

Although I get 1password suggestions on login pages, I can't access 1password mini using the icon which I sometimes have to do to supply the often-requested 2nd and 4th numbers etc. Any ideas for a solution? I didn't have this issue using v7.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: mac os 12.6.3
Browser:_ Firefox 112.0.1

Comments

• @GladysFriday

You indicated you were using 4.7.5.90 which is the classic extension. 1Password 8 only works with 1Password in the browser our newest version. Disable the classic extension and then install 1Password in the browser. Best Password Manager - 1Password in the browser

Showing the item in large type would help. It has the numbering. 1Password 8 does not make use of the mini like 1Password 7 did. You might look at Quick Access. Get to know Quick Access It would go something like this.

1. Bring up quick access via its shortcut.
    2. Search for the item
    3. Once found press command + O and then in the password field use the show in large type action.
  • GladysFriday
    GladysFriday
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Thank you for the reply. I have removed the old extension and do have the "1Password for browser" installed. However I do not have any 1Password icon in the Firefox browser toolbar. Is this correct in v8?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023

@GladysFriday

See if the following helps.

1. Click the puzzle icon.
    2. Click the gear icon beside 1Password
    3. Click Pin to Toolbar.

• GladysFriday
    GladysFriday
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

That did it- many thanks!!

• You're welcome! If we can assist you further we'll be here for you. Write anytime.

This discussion has been closed.