Options

Comments

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

1Paswword popup window

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032)
    Extension Version: 2.10.0
    OS Version: 13.3.1 (22E261)
    Browser:_ safari

• pnelis
    pnelis
    Community Member
    Options

It happens on various websites several times per day. The extension does recognise the website I'm visiting, but it does not fill in the UN/PW fields on that site automatically.

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same issue on new Ventura 13.3.1 Mac with Safari 16.4 and Safari Extension 2.10.0

I regularly clear my Safari 16.4 history and should be able to do this without 1Password 8 issues - this is clearly yet another 1P8 bug

• BramV
    BramV
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Error message started popping up a few weeks ago.
    I did not clear history nor cookies. Happens almost each time immediately after logging in to Degiro (big broker in Europe).

Happens on both my MacBook as well as on my Mac Mini.
    Software versions are the same (latest) on both machines:

• Ventura 13.3.1
    • Safari 16.4
    • 1Password Extension 2.10.0
    • 1Password 8.10.4
  • ag_tommy
    Options

@BramV

Would you be able to send a console log? How to send your extension console logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/
    I would also include a link to the specific site. If it's possible for you to share with us. Please email that to us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. BramV
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/684949/#Comment_684949

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• BramV
    BramV
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I have sent the console log when I saw the error again, just now. Thanks for looking into it!

• rickeyre
    rickeyre
    Community Member
    Options

I get this message....
    The database was unexpectedly terminated and may have become corrupt. 1Password in the browser was reinitialized on your behalf. Please review your settings for 1Password in the browser You may close this tab and continue using 1Password in the browser.

Im not sure if it's specific to a website but I don't think so. I am using a Mac Desktop running Ventura 13.3.1 and 1Password version 8.10.4 and Safari version 16.4. All current I believe. What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I get this message....The database was unexpectedly terminated and may have become corrupt. 1Password in the browser was reinitialized on your behalf. Please review your settings for 1Password in the browser You may close this tab and continue using 1Password in the browser. Im not sure if it's specific to a website but I dont think so. I am using a Mac Desktop running Ventura 13.3.1 and 1Password version 8.10.4 and Safari version 16.4. All current I believe. What can I do?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Someone please ... Thanks.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

Today I saw a similar error. I followed the instructions, however, without any success. The desktop app and other browser extensions are working okay.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.
    Very disappointed from ver 8.
    Wish I could easily return to ver 7.

• p1000
    p1000
    Community Member
    Options

I just got this notice in Safari webbrowser (new tab was opened):

The database was terminated.
    The database was unexpectedly terminated and may have become corrupt.
    1Password in the browser was reinitialized on your behalf.
    • Please review your settings for 1 Password in the browser
    • You may close this tab and continue using 1 Password in the browser

Need more help?
    Contact 1 Password Support

Please advise.

OS Version: MacOS 13.3.1
    Browser:_ Safari

• Hey @rickeyre, @Fresco, @ronen, @p1000,

You can find some more information on the error message you are seeing here: If you see "The database was terminated" in Safari

Can you let me know if the workarounds work for you and if not, what exactly isn't working so I can best advise on next steps?

Thank you!

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see a "remove history options items" option in the Safari settings. Besides, my error is different (see screenshot). And I executed the instructions from the screenshot, but the issue persists.
    I have the macos desktop app (8.10.6), so command-backslash is working with Safari

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

I have found the culprit. For some reason my Mac's "isolation mode" was enabled. Disabling it solved this issue. And some more, too.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks for the follow through @Fresco

• William46
    William46
    Community Member
    Options

"Database terminated". message, what is this?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
    OS Version: 10.15.7
    Referrer: forum-search:What does "database terminated" mean?

• William46
    William46
    Community Member
    Options

What does "database terminated" message mean?

• Sarsfield18
    Sarsfield18
    Community Member
    Options

@Fresco - how do you disable Mac's "isolation mode"?

• PatMax
    PatMax
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

The database was terminated.
    The database was unexpectedly terminated and may have become corrupt.
    1Password in the browser was reinitialized on your behalf
    Please review your settings for 1Password in the browser
    You may close this tab and continue using Password in the browser
    Contact Password Support

Is this valid?

Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.10.0 from 1Password for Saf
    OS Version: 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)
    Referrer: forum-search:The database was terminated. The database was unexpectedly terminated and may have become corrupt. 1Password in the browser was reinitialized on your behalf Please review your settings for 1Password in the browser You may close this tab and continue using Password in the browser Contact Password Support

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

@Sarsfield18 In macos Ventura, go to "System Preferences" and then to "Privacy and Security". Scroll down and you'll see the option "Isolation Mode". In my case it was enabled (I don't know why this was the case), which is not necessary unless you think you are targeted by a cyber attack or something like that.

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

I have been struggling with this Ventura Safari Cache issue for some time I have followed this blog plus, I have been communicating with support@1password.com, via several 1P agents.

The last agent make an amazing admission, he said....While I don't imagine we'll completely get rid of this message".

This is a COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTABLE POSITION for 1P to take

1P MUST COMPLETELY FIX THIS 1P8 SAFARI CACHE ISSUE

What on earth is going on at 1Password?????

It appears that major software issues are not able to be fixed ????

What does Dave Teare and Jeff Shiner think about this? I copied them both on my last email.

As 1P8 remains unstable, trust declines. It looks like I am stuck with the stable 1P7 (a so called now "unsupported platform" according to one of the support agents).

How is that 1P7 7.9.10 is OK but 1P8 is not?

Thanks amid

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried the 1P8 app and its Safari Extension on a Mac with macOS Monterey 12.6.5 (latest version).

The Safari Cache issue is also present on MacOS Monterey 12.6.5 with Safari 16.4.1

There is no Isolation Mode in macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (latest version). There is a function called Lockdown Mode specifically for cyber attacks but I have not activated this. This should be irrelevant for 1P8.

See screen shot.

Thanks amcd

• Dave_1P
    Options

@William46 and @PatMax

I'm sorry that you're see an error message that says "The database was terminated" when using 1Password. Please take a look at this article for steps on how to avoid the issue: If you see "The database was terminated" in Safari

If the workarounds described in that guide don't work for you then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@amcd

I see that my colleague responded to you a few hours ago. Please continue the conversation over email as the support team there will be in the best position to help you as they have access to your ongoing conversation.

-Dave

ref: BEW-87598-384

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Dave.. I have tested all the suggested workarounds in the blog and others sent by email.

All seem like temporary, inconvenient "patches".

Firefox and Chrome Safari extensions work so I guess there must be a solution for 1P.

Please confirm that you guys will finally solve 1P* Safari Extension Issues

• Will Price
    Will Price
    Community Member
    Options

Still happening for me. Found this thread through a search so might be missing some context but anyway I'm running the latest 1Password and Safari crashes basically every time I visit App Store Connect after login. Which is pretty much the most important site I use and this has been happening for at least a couple weeks.

• robkerr
    robkerr
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the "database was terminated" message from the Safari plugin also. This only occurs on the appstoreconnect.apple.com site with Safari. I login with 1password inserting credentials, and when appstoreconnect redirects to the next page I get the error, and the extension is disabled from that point until safari is restarted.

1Password: 8.10.6
    Safari: 16.4
    MacOS 13.3.1(a)

1Password for Safari working fine on other sites. Switched to Chrome to go to appstoreconnect, which feels wrong, but it works.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Will Price and @robkerr

It sounds like you're both running into a known issue where the "Database is terminated" error occurs on specific websites such as https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/. Our developers are aware of this issue and are investigating. I've added your reports to the internal work item open for the issue.

While our developers look into this, I recommend that you temporarily use a different browser to sign into https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/. I'm sorry for the trouble.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21638

• cacloutier
    cacloutier
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing this same problem when I clear my history in safari. While it is helpful that 1Password has suggested ways to deal with this, they seem very cumbersome, especially if the items you are removing from history number in the hundreds, as is the case for me. Rather than taking these measures, I simply delete the 1password for safari download after clearing the history and then reinstall it. It seems, at least to me, a much simpler workaround. Hopefully, 1password can be fixed so that no workarounds are needed. I still love my 1password. Couldn't do without it, notwithstanding this little glitch.

• k.alexander
    k.alexander
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing the same issues for the last few days on Safari on Mac. I do not clear history or cookies, so the issue is not because of that action. Developers please address, as this is becoming more and more irritating.

This discussion has been closed.