1P6 availability

Options
statto1927
statto1927
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have an old MacBook Pro which only goes to El Capitan (OS10.11.6). I use the latest versions of 1P on my iMac and iPhone and would like to put 1P on my MacBook but I think it would only be Abe to take 1P6 as the latest version. Is this possible, and where would I get it from?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.11.6
Browser:_ Safari 9.1.2
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 6

Comments

• Hi @statto1927

Much as we'd always recommend using the latest available version of 1Password, we do still have installer for legacy versions on our Downloads website:

1Password – Downloads – Mac # Using an older computer?

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Grey - I'd love to use the latest version to be consistent across all my devices, but pretty certain my mid 2009 MBP which still runs absolutely fine and has an upgraded memory and SSD isn't up to it! Thanks for the link

• @statto1927

I'm happy that Grey was able to help. I did want to mention that the old app is no longer supported and it received its last update in 2018.

macOS El Capitan also hasn't been updated since 2018 and is missing several important security updates. I would recommend starting to think about upgrading to a new Mac, although I know that this isn't always possible. I also have a 2009-era Macbook Pro that worked perfectly well aside from fact that it couldn't be updated any longer and I've since retired it.

-Dave

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info Dave. To be honest I don't use the MacBook much - it's more a back up and I need to repack my ageing iMac before I replace the MBP especially as my iMac can't be updated beyond Catalina which I believe is currently the oldest version of macOS that the latest version of 1Password supports anyway - double whammy!
    It'z such a shame as both machines are otherwise perfectly useable for everything else I need to do.
    As I'm retired now, the cost of updating my (otherwise satisfactory) hardware comes a long way down on the "things I need to spend on" list! :-)
    Simon

• @statto1927

I hear you, I was sad to put aside my old 2009 Macbook Pro which was still working pretty well. But I did get almost 11 years of use out of it and that made retiring it a little bit more acceptable.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.