Charles Schwab Login Issue

Options
astephen2
astephen2
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

I've been having issues with autofilling the Charles Schwab website on iOS.

If I use the auto-fill, I always get a message that the user-id / password is incorrect (and the username disappears after clicking login). If I copy/paste my info from the 1password app, auto-fill works successfully. I'm using the iOS Passwords button that appears over the keyboard. (I'm attempting this in a Safari WebView + Chrome iOS, so the 1Password extension isn't visible)

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Safari (WebView)

Comments

• Hello @astephen2! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling passwords onto the Charles Schwab website. AutoFill is handled entirely by iOS and 1Password just provides the data for the experience but we'll try to help as far as possible.

As a start, can you make sure that only 1Password is enabled for Password AutoFill:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select any other password managers listed here.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that still doesn't work then is it possible that the website is looking to see if there's typing activity coming from a human and so it's not accepting machine-filled credentials? After filling your username and login try adding the letter a to the end of both the username and password field, then remove the letter from both fields, and then try to login. Does that work?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.