How to get update notifications?

Options
chutz
chutz
Community Member

I don't get any notifications. I am now on version 8.10.3, and the latest available is 8.10.5.

I go to (...) -> Check for Updates... and I am presented the Settings > About screen which displays the current version and no mentions of the latest available one.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.1555]
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @chutz, thanks for reaching out! It's definitely strange that the app isn't showing any available updates, and it looks as if the Check for Updates button we would expect to see on the About page is missing too.

If you head to ⋮ > Settings > Advanced, is the option to Install updates automatically enabled? Additionally, could you tell me a little more about the method you originally used to install 1Password - did you download and run the exe installer from our downloads page?

• chutz
    chutz
    Community Member
    Options

This is what the ⋮ > Settings > Advanced looks like for me:

And I don't recall how I installed 1Password. Now that you mention it, there is a good chance I installed it with winget install AgileBits.1Password. Let me try to uninstall it and try using the official installer.

• chutz
    chutz
    Community Member
    Options

Aha, that was it @1P_Gem ! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I had 1Password installed systemwide (to %PROGRAMFILES%). I uninstalled it, and installed using the official installer for my user only (to %LOCALAPPDATA%) and now I see the check for updates button.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @chutz, thanks for getting back to me! I'm so pleased to hear that reinstalling with the official installer got things working for you.

In general we don't recommend using WinGet to install 1Password, as this isn't currently an official channel from us.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know! 😄

This discussion has been closed.