1Password 6 on Ventura - UI wont open and export is greyed out

Options
Helmar
Helmar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

Can someone help confirm how to export my single vault passwords out of 1 Password 6 on Mac OS Ventura?
I migrated my account from an old Mac on Monterey (same experience with UI not opening and export greyed out).

At this point, I'd like to export all my passwords out of 1 Password, but cant.
On iOS I run 1Password 7 without any issues but it doesn't seem to have an export feature.
I am successfully syncing via iCloud and need to fall back on Password mini on the Mac to be able to view/open individual password entries.

Any help is highly appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Helmar! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to export items using 1Password 6. It's been a few years since I used that version but are you selecting a single vault before you go to export? If you have "All Vaults" selected then the export option will indeed be greyed out.

Are you planning to continue using 1Password going forward? If you are then I would recommend that you migrate to an updated and supported version: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Helmar
    Helmar
    Community Member
    Options

The only way to fix this that I found, was to install 1P7 on my Mac, which correctly launches the UI and allows to export.
    Since my main intent was to get an export, that's fine.
    Still disappointing, that there was no way to stay on the previously purchased standalone license with local vaults only and being forced to upgrade to 1Password's subscription model.

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Helmar

I'm happy to hear that you were able to export your items. Let me know if there's anything else that we can help you with, for help with old standalone licenses I suggest sending an email directly to support+tradein@1password.com. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.