iOS password generator in the app

Options
cbharis
cbharis
Community Member

I'm new to 1Pass. Migrating from LP..

I'm finding most things pretty easy, but one thing that I do not find easy, is to be able to open the app and generate a new password at random.
I've had this issue several times before but today, I had to visit one of my local big box stores. I had an issue with the app not allowing me to sign in and the app told me to visit the customer service desk and they would verify my identity and get my account back active.

So, I did. While I was there I had to log into the store's app, then clicked "verify with store associate" (all working well so far) it sent me an email to change my password. I checked my email, got the verification code (in front of the store's clerk) went back to the store's app and typed in the verification code, and what do you think happened?

Nothing! I couldn't get 1Pass to offer me a password.

So I went to 1Pass to once again look to see if I could generate a password and for the life of me I can not find it.
After I fumbled around for a while, it wasn't there. The clerk said to me, "I just use this password (insert insecure password here) since it's easy!"
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Not very secure!
So with that, I'm disappointed!

We need a password generator in the app because 1Pass does not always pop up with a password suggestion nor does not offer one.

So, now, I have to come home, log into my personal computer, and update my password to a more secure one. What a PIA!

Please tell me I'm overlooking this and there is a way to do it with the app. With LastPass they have an option at the bottom of their app that would allow me to generate a secure password (b/c their app also didn't work every time), password length, character set etc..

I look forward to your feedback!

Chris

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @cbharis! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! You can use 1Password to generate a new password when creating a new item or editing an existing item:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. Tap on the + in the upper right corner and then tap Login.
    3. Tap on the password field and then tap Create a New Password.
    4. Use the password generator to create a new password and then tap Use.
    5. Fill in any other information that you'd like to save in the Login item and tap Save.

If you have an existing Login item saved for an account whose password you need to change then you can Edit the item, tap on the password field, use the password generator to create a new password, and then save the item.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.