1P not remembering layout/orientation/window size between invocations.

Options

For the last week or two, the Nightly versions (which for some reason I can't get out of) have lost their memory when it comes to the application startup size (dimensions of window).

Using:
1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006019)

Each time I start up the application, the window is resized to something frustratingly small for my Pro Display XDR.

I'll resize it, but, as soon as I quit the main application and start it again, it's back to the small size.

Started in the last fortnight.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @doetraar! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Mac's window size is reset after you open the app. We're testing some fixes for this in the nightly version of 1Password and, if testing goes well, they'll make it into a future beta and then production update. If you're open to trying the nightly then you can follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click on Advanced.
    5. Set Release Channel to "Nightly".
    6. Click on About.
    7. Click on Check for Updates.

After 1Password updates see if you can reproduce the issue again, let me know if it still occurs. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21703
    ref: dev/core/core#14755

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, went back to Nightly and it seems to have righted itself in the last few days. Thank you very much! Was a bit frustrating having a tiny window on my massive display!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@doetraar

I'm happy to hear that the fixes in the nightly resolve the issue. I'm sorry again for the frustration.

-Dave

• acoh50
    acoh50
    Community Member
    Options

That worked for me as well Dave. Now stop messing with this fine program...just kidding!

• @acoh50

Our developers made some further improvements to window positioning in the nightly version recently. I'm happy that those fixes resolved the issue that you were running into. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23230

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

the good news is that the last BETA (1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012010)) seems to solve the window-layout/orientation/size problem for standard configurations. For example, on my iMac24 the Main 1P.app window recalled its position after updating the App and also after re-boot (13.5). Also ob my MBP16 (M1) in standard use this is the case.

However:
    I am using the MBP16 also with an external monitor. In the office, it is connected to an DELL monitor that includes an USB-C hub. The MBP is charged, VIDEO-connected and USB-B-keyboard-connected via a single USB-C interface. The lid of the MBP is (almost) always closed. The DELL is sometimes for a short time a 2nd monitor, e.g. when I connect the USB-C cable before the lid is closed. Or when MS Teams has trouble with the additional Logitech camera connected to the DELL USB-C-Hub.

• I did a re-boot of the MBP (macOS 13.5) with the DELL monitor/USB-Hub attached. After that, the 1P main window opened in its default (small) size and at the default position.
    • I repositioned the window, and did another re-boot of the MBP alone (not attached to DELL) with open lid. This time, the 1P main window position stayed as enlarged/repositioned before.

Usually, I avoid a re-boot with DELL monitor/USB-Hub attached, because this causes the connection to devices attached to the USB-Hub to be lost. This includes the USB-B keyboard and also the Logitech camera.

Lets hope for a solution to recall 1P window position also for "complex" settings.

Bests, BW

• @bwadm

Thank you for the report. I see that you're already working with our support and development teams over in a support ticket open via email. So that we can avoid duplicating work, please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: ZNI-85854-934

This discussion has been closed.