chrome extension July 2023

Options
archymcn
archymcn
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I understand the Chrome extension will stop working for my licensed, local vault version of 1Password 7.9.833 sometime this summer (July?). Will my version keep working without the Chrome extension? That is will I still be able to copy and paste passwords from 1Password into my Chrome browser? Will the autofill function on my Android phone and tablet continue to work? Or will I have to use copy and paste there? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.833
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044
Browser:_ Chrome 112.0.5615.139
Referrer: forum-search:July 2023

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @archymcn! 👋

The 1Password Classic extension will indeed stop working soon: The 1Password classic extension will stop working in July 2023 The 1Password 7 for Windows app will continue to work, and you'll be able to copy and paste passwords from the app. You can continue to use the old app for as long as it works on your device.

1Password 7 for Android isn't affected by the deprecation of the desktop extension however, with the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance:

-Dave

• archymcn
    archymcn
    Community Member
    Options

Version 8 has an option to have a locally stored vault and NOT use a cloud based vault?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@archymcn

1Password 8 stores your data locally so that you can access it on your devices even when offline. Your data is also encrypted and backed up to your account on 1Password.com.

If you're referring to old standalone vaults then 1Password 8 does not support those: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

I recommend sending an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our migrations team can help answer any questions about your specific situation and to help you upgrade. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.