how to export/print login and pw in a vault.

eob
eob
Community Member

The posts and instructions advise selecting 'FILE' and 'EXPORT' but where are these options located? Also how to find the version of 1PW being used?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 13.2
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:export vault's login and pw

Comments

• @eob

The export option would appear in the menu bar at the top of the screen. My screenshot shows 1Password locked the export option is not available unless 1Password is unlocked.

I would also highly encourage you to update macOS at your earliest possible convenience. There have been several updates issued from Apple that are of the more important and security related variety.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, - Update your Apple Watch

• Finding the version in use would be almost the same except this time click 1Password in the menu bar and select about 1Password.

• eob
    eob
    Community Member

Thanks. But how do you get 1Password to appear next to the apple logo at the top? Mine says Chrome. And that File option only has PRINT but not EXPORT, and only prints the page, not the whole vault. Thanks for your advice.

• @eob

It sounds like you're using 1Password in the browser and not the desktop app. In order to export your items you'll need to install and setup the desktop app first: Download 1Password 8 for Mac

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• eob
    eob
    Community Member

Thank you..that helped. One remaining question is.. to export, how do I select one of the vaults, rather than Our Family ?

• @eob

1Password 8 doesn't currently include a built-in option to just export a single vault, can you tell me a little more about why you're looking to export just one vault? I would be happy to pass along your feedback regarding the export feature to our product team.

-Dave

• eob
    eob
    Community Member

i do volunteer work and manage their emails and website etc. I've put all the login information for this work in a vault, separate from my personal vaults. They need login and password in case of emergency/disaster, so if we can save this information in one of its cloud storage, it would enable an officer to access this. I tried to 'share' the vault with one person who does not have a 1Password account, but she was having difficulty. Any advice will be welcome. Thanks.

• @eob

Thank you for the reply. If you have a 1Password Families account then you can invite them to the vault that you created as a guest: Share with guests in 1Password Families

Guest accounts allow you to share a single vault with another person. Let me know if you've already tried inviting them as a guest but ran into a problem.

-Dave

• eob
    eob
    Community Member

Yes, I tried already. The recipient thinks she may need to sign up to 1Password ...although instructions say she doesn't. I will have to spend more time with her to find out what she can see on her end. In sharing a vault, it gives the option of access for 7days...does that mean it disappears? what can she do with it during the 7 days? As 'emergencies' are unpredictable, this won't work.

• @eob

Can you post a screenshot of the "7 days" that you're seeing on your end? Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

Have you already invited the recipient as a guest using Invitations from the sidebar on 1Password.com and has the recipient accepted the invitation?

-Dave

• eob
    eob
    Community Member

Thank you. We went through the process and somehow managed to share the vault with much trial and error. Thank you so much for your help! Outstanding question is, will the guest have access to this as long as I allow it? and without ever becoming a paying subscriber?

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023

@eob

I'm happy to hear that you were able to invite the recipient as a guest. Guests accounts don't expire and, if you have 1Password Families, you can invite up to 5 guests at no additional charge to either you or your guests.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.