Attempting to install 1Password 8 on Win10 fails silently

Options
FederalTotem
FederalTotem
Community Member

I am trying to upgrade from 1Password 7.9.833 (currently installed) to 1Password 8 (the latest installer *.exe, downloaded 2023-05-11).

When I run the installer, there is prompt "Install 1Password 8?" (Yes) followed by a prompt "Do you want to move any existing 1Password data on this computer to a 1Password account?" (Yes).

This opens a "Migrate to Account" window, and I select "Use an existing account". Next prompt is "Choose destination account", and I select the existing account and hit "Continue".

After that, no more prompts, and no installer running in Task Manager that I can see, only the regular 1Password 7 process.

How do I install 1Password 8?

1Password Version: 8.x & 7.9.833
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Build 19045
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @FederalTotem, I'm sorry to hear that you've run into trouble upgrading to 1Password 8. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with some logs so we can look into this further?

1. Open the Start Menu, paste this text into the search field, and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Once you've navigated to this location, right-click the Logs folder, click Copy, and paste a copy of that folder onto your desktop.
    3. Right-click the folder on your desktop, click Send To, then Zipped folder.
    4. Attach this to your email to support - don't post this on the forums.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• FederalTotem
    FederalTotem
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem thanks for your response. I sent the email as requested on May 13 but have yet to see a response, not sure what happened....

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @FederalTotem, apologies for the delay in getting back to you here! To confirm, have you still not received an automated response with a support ID? If so, I'm wondering whether something may have gone wrong along the way and we never received your email. Could you try emailing in to support+forum@1password.com again?

• FederalTotem
    FederalTotem
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem got it! Here is my Support ID: [#JNN-52577-628]

• Alex.K_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @FederalTotem, thanks for providing the support ID! I see we've since sent a reply and we can work with you there to help get this issue resolved.

If you're not receiving our replies or if there's anything else I can help with, let me know!

ref: JNN-52577-628

This discussion has been closed.