Probable Recently Deleted Items UI Defect

Options
ings
ings
Community Member

I stumbled across this error today while doing some item housekeeping. The error occurs on the latest iPad release but does not occur on the latest iPhone release. I’m running the latest iPadOS and iOS. I’m not near my Macs so I can’t check their behaviour.

I have 27 archive entries and zero deleted items. Upon launch, iPad 1Password shows my Home screen. If I then select Recently Deleted, it will correctly display zero items. If I then select Archive, it will correctly display 27 items. BUT then if I select Recently Deleted again, it will incorrectly display the 27 Archive items, after displaying the spinning wheel for about a second.

I can “reset” this behaviour by returning to the Home folder, after which selecting Recently Deleted will show zero items (unless I again select Archive).

Seems likes this should be an easy fix. Let me know if you want additional detail.

Dave Ings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ings! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into an issue with viewing Recently Deleted items on your iPad. I can't reproduce this on my own iPad and, to investigate further, I'd like you to reproduce the issue one more time and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

I’m happy to do this, but it will have to wait until Wednesday. Expect the diagnostic then.

Dave Ings

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ings

Thank you, the team will keep an eye out for your email. 🙂

-Dave

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi again,

I've submitted diagnostics: [#CAV-32184-696]

Dave Ings

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

P.S. After submitting the diagnostics, deleted one item, so that the Recently Deleted folder was not empty. It now works as expected. So it appears the 1Password code, for some reason, is not properly handling the empty folder case on iPad.

(And if I restore the item, so that the Recently Deleted folder is empty again, then the defect reappears.)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ings

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report and for providing those additional details. One of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: CAV-32184-696

This discussion has been closed.