Watchtower: No vulnerable passwords on Mac, but 9 according to Android app

Options
Richard_Browne
Richard_Browne
Community Member

As per the title. On 1Password for Mac, I changed vulnerable passwords that Watchtower reported. Now 1Passsword says "All good! Watchtower did not find any saved passwords in the haveibeenpwned.com database". Great, I'm all good right?

Except, 1Password on Android reports there are still vulnerable passwords.

Why doesn't 1Password on Mac vs Android show me the same list of vulnerable passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Richard_Browne! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the same warning from Watchtower on both of your devices. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you using 1Password 8 on both your Mac and Android device?
    2. Are you using the same account on all of your devices? Or do you have multiple 1Password accounts that you use on different devices?
    3. Is it possible that you have different collections selected on each device? Watchtower warnings are based on the currently selected account/collection: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Richard_Browne
    Richard_Browne
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I am using 1Password 7 on my Mac, 1Password 8 on Android.
    2. Yes the same account of course.
    3. Not using collections
  • Dave_1P
    Options

@Richard_Browne

Thank you for the reply. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and isn't receiving regular updates. Can you upgrade to 1Password 8 on your Mac to see if that corrects the situation? You can find our upgrade guide here: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

If you already have a 1Password account then the upgrade is available at no additional cost.

-Dave

• Richard_Browne
    Richard_Browne
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I cannot upgrade to 1Password 8 because I use Mojave.

Just seems strange that 1Password 7 found a bunch of vulnerable passwords. But for some reason, a few of them it doesn't notice.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Richard_Browne

Just to double-check, do you have "Check for vulnerable passwords" enabled in 1Password 7 on your Mac:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Click on Watchtower.
    5. Is "Check for vulnerable passwords" enabled?

If it is already enabled then can you send a screenshot of what you see in both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.