Garbled user name

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

For a few sites, including the NHS portal at https://access.login.nhs.uk/enter-email where 1PW has the correct email address but enters it in a garbled way. With an address of me.myself@domain.com (to give an example) the 1PW keystroke does not enter this but instead enters me.myself@domain.com.myself@domain.com Weird!!

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @danco,

The behaviour you are describing definitely doesn't seem right.

Can you talk me through the steps you are taking to fill? Are you using a keyboard shortcut?

In addition, can you let me know which browser you are experiencing this in?

Thank you!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Go to login page, which asks for email address

Keyboard shortcut (I use Ctrl-\ rather than Cmd-\ for historical reasons)

Email gets filled in in the garbled way I describe

The problem occurs in Safari 16.4 only, so it must be a Safari issue. What strikes me as particularly odd is that only part of the address occurs twice. If the whole address came twice I would find it more explainable.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Oh, I think I have an insight.

I have a keyboard shortcut that replaces me. by me.myself@domain.com (not exactly that, but a parallel using my real email address). It now seems to me possible that in Safari, but not in other browsers, when 1PW enters my email address on the NHS site it somehow also triggers the keyboard shortcut and so produces things twice. But this is still odd, as this behaviour only occurs on very few sites, maybe on only the one site.

(Added later) I have now checked this and if I remove the keyboard shortcut, 1PW behaves as it should. So it seems there is something odd about the coding of the website, that manages both to enter the email address as 1PW should do and in addition expands the shortcut when using Safari

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thank you for the update. @danco I have something like in Alfred as an autocorrect and it trips me up from time to time.

This discussion has been closed.