1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006027); Format of international Postal Addresses

Options
Terylon
Terylon
Community Member

Dear 1P-Team,

I kindly ask you to provide a user specific order for address data. Alternative you could provide international formats.

My previous addresses, created in 1P-7, are correct for German needs.

Needed:
Street+Number
ZIP City
Country

Example:
Laststr. 5
12345 Neustadt
Deutschland

It would be nice to have this feature soon - I want to avoid tricks to realize the correct format.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards, Dirk

PS: I do not want to re-install 1P-7 again.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Terylon! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're having trouble entering your address information using 1Password 8. This is what 1Password 7 looked like when Germany was selected:

For 1Password 8, we removed the dropdown to select a country such as Germany in favour of allowing users to type in their country instead. 1Password 7 would add/remove fields based on the country; for example, if you chose Canada then a field for "Province" would appear. 1Password 8 presents all of the possible fields and then you can choose which to fill and which to leave blank. When you save the item only the filled fields will show up.

Can you clarify a little further about what you'd like to see in the 1Password 8 app? I'd be happy to pass along your feedback to the team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

I would like to see the address exactly at will be usually used in my country.

The result in 1P 8:

ZIP + City would be correct for Germany.

I am a little surprised that you pretend not to know that address formats differ worldwide.

In Germany, the ZIP code is written in front of the city name, in the USA behind it. 1P 8 forces the US format on all users worldwide.

It's hard to believe that I have to point out again how far 1P 7 was developed and how many steps of evolution were simply gone back.

It is not your fault and I thank you for your support here in the forum. Best regards, Dirk

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Terylon

Thank you for the reply. This is what I see when I create a new Identity item using 1Password 8 and enter a German address:

This seems to match the format that you've described being used for German addresses where the ZIP code is in front of the city name. Please let me know if I misunderstood or if you're seeing different behaviour when creating a new Identity item.

-Dave

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P - Please be so kind as to repeat your presentation and then rename Germany into Deutschland, as it should appear in my German addresses. Thank you! Regards, Dirk

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Terylon

Thank you for the clarification. I've filed an internal work item with our development team so that they can look into this further and hopefully get things fixed in a future version of 1Password. I appreciate that you took the time to report the issue so that we can make 1Password better. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22161

This discussion has been closed.