Touch ID w 2 M2 macs suddenly doesn't work for either one

Options
Jononiess
Jononiess
Community Member

My wife and I both have m2 macs - hers is an air and mine is a pro. I'm at Ventura 13.0. Hers isn't here with my so not sure what hers is, but it's 2 weeks old. We're both using 1PW extensively with touch id on the macs. Suddenly, touch ID-1PW doesn't work with either Mac. One other thing - we both got new iphones this last weekend - it may be that touch-id on the macs stopped working about then...? Not exactly sure, but it could be.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.0
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:touch id

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hey there @Jononiess

You mentioned running macOS Ventura 13.0, and the current version is 13.4. If your Mac has downloaded the update but hasn't installed it yet, things like Touch ID can stop working until the update is applied.

Check for, and install, any available macOS updates (on both Macs) by clicking the  Apple menu > System Settings... > General > Software Update.

I look forward to hearing how you get on after the updates. :)

— Grey

• Jononiess
    Jononiess
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there - thanks for the response! I figured it out. Somehow the Chrome settings changed - extension wasn't visible. Strange it happened on both our systems at the same time, but all good! Thanks again!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Jononiess – I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.