Corporate Proxy Blocks Apple iCloud Login, Can't get Safari Extension

Options

Hi 1Password team.

I work for a huge company where we are forbidden from signing our Mac into Apple iCloud. As a result, I cannot use the Apple App store which means I cannot install the 1Password extension for Safari. Would it be possible for you to provide a download link so I can get the extension installed?

Thanks,
Kris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @kasl331passCom! 👋

Safari extensions need to be distributed through the Mac App Store and we're not able to provide the extension outside of the Mac App Store: 1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store

I recommend that you work with your employer's IT team to install the extension. If that isn't an option then you can use 1Password in another browser: Download 1Password in the browser

I hope that helps!

-Dave

• kasl331passCom
    kasl331passCom
    Community Member
    Options

I use 1pass in Firefox just fine, however I use Safari for some things as well, such as separate cookies / separate company logins.

As I mentioned, it's against my company's security policy to connect this Mac to Apple account. I work for a major telcom, and having this extension in Safari would be very helpful for a lot of us. I suppose there are alternatives to 1password, but it's sad that I would have to go that direction just for a little browser extension.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kasl331passCom

1Password for Safari is a modern Safari Web Extension. Due to Apple's requirements for Safari, Safari Web Extensions can only be distributed through the Mac App Store at this time.

The requirement to install the extension from the Mac App Store would apply to any password manager that ships a Safari Web Extension. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.