How To: Download a past purchase of 1Password from the Mac App Store

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mac App Store purchase after AgileBits store purchase.

Comments

• Ant0ineH
    Ant0ineH
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have a funny situation here.. bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, where it says Installed (and I could find the receipt email) but suspect it upgraded to the the non mac app store one as it is now asking for a licence and won't let me modify entries.. It seems I can't re-download/install from the mac app store, what can I do ?
    thanks
    A

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ant0ineH,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The version of 1Password from the Mac App Store does not have any code within it for a license key. You must have 1Password 3.8 installed. The Mac App Store will never install the non-MAS version of 1Password, but somehow you must have installed it. You can remove 1Password.app from your applications folder and then download the current version from the Mac App Store. From Apple's support article on the topic:

"To manually install purchased apps, sign in to your account in App Store, click Purchases, and then install apps."

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.