Organize tags in Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Deleting 1P7 and local vaults.

Comments

• reebee
    reebee
    Community Member
    Options

How can I organize/sort by tags in 1Password 8 for Safari

• Hey @reebee,

Currently tags are not fully supported when using 1Password in your browser. The best way to organise by tags is to use your 1Password desktop app. I do however, see how it would be useful to be able to sort by tags within 1Password for Safari so I'd be happy to put in a request with our product team on your behalf.

Can you describe to me how this would positively impact you workflow? Our team love to hear specific use cases so any detail you can provide will add extra weight to your feedback. Thank you!

• reebee
    reebee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes please put in the request. The desktop app does not autofill browser-based login items, so that would require cutting and pasting to get anywhere, a definite step backwards. I have more than 350 logins in my Vault. Searching or scrolling through that many logins in the browser extension to find the one I need is tedious at best. But I have those logins organized into 19 tags/categories. Organizing by tags would present me with a much more manageable grouping of login items to search for the one I need.

• Hey @reebee,

Thank you for providing this detail, I have filed a request with our product team.

As for filling from your desktop app you could try hovering over the website URL and choosing Open and Fill, does this help at all?

ref: PB33382315

This discussion has been closed.