Browser app integration broken when using 1Password for Windows

Options
2»

Comments

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @steph.giles , yes you are right. Already did that in another thread as it looks to be a problem with 1pw app and not the extension.

here is the support ID number : [#EAU-66111-322]

Thread : https://1password.community/discussion/comment/689007/#Comment_689007

Thanks

• Thank you @Ashokleyland, let's continue troubleshooting over email.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thanks @steph.giles

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Ashokleyland

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review the report and get back to you as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: EAU-66111-322

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Thanks @Dave_1P

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ashokleyland hope all is well now, let us know if you have any other questions or need more help in the future!

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

This last comment suggests there is either a workaround for this or a fix on its way, right?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @leonardder, I'm afraid that our developers are still investigating the issue so there is not a fix in place just yet. That said, other users who experienced this issue have been able to work around it by switching to the stable/production version of the 1Password app. Did you want to try that out? If you do, please let us know how things go.

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I also switched to the production version and all is well again. Great to see that this is reproducible on your side.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

@leonardder, yes the workaround is to go back to production.

@Joy_1P, yes going back to production solved the issue

• Dave_1P
    Options

It's my pleasure, thank you again. 🙂

-Dave

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ashokleyland @leonardder glad to hear that you've both switched to the production version for now. Hopefully our developers can investigate and find a fix for the issue in the beta version of the app sooner rather than later. As always, thanks for using 1Password!

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

This is broken in 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008024) and either standard and beta Chrome extensions

Rolling windows app back to 1Password for Windows 8.10.7 (81007041) works fine

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like this issue now ended up in 1Password production. @Ashokleyland can you confirm this?

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like this issue now ended up in 1Password 8.10.8 stable. Both Edge and Firefox Beta extensions are unable to communicate with the desktop app. I reverted back to 8.10.7 using the msi installer and all is well for now.
    I understand that a bug can sometimes trickle down to production, but this issue has been reported repeatedly. Therefore honestly. I'm slightly disappointed.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes unfortunately... :-(

I cannot even have the login option. Only the loading animation!

• mruss
    mruss
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I confirm that 1Password 8.10.8 stable has the issue with Edge extension.
    Is it necessary to go back to 8.10.7 to fix the issue?
    Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hey folks,

We're working on an update that may fix this. We've managed to reproduce it with specific Windows Enterprise versions now and it appear it may be related to user's permissions.

Stay tuned, we anticipate a new nightly build incoming within the hour that we'd like you to try if possible.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi folks,

We've just released 1Password for Windows 8.10.9 81009010 nightly build that should address the browser extension integration issues along with the memory leaks it may have been caused.

Please give it a try and let us know if it is working properly now.

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks to all of your reports our teams became aware of a memory usage problem in a recent version of 1Password for Windows. This issue led to problems with instability with the 1Password application, and integration with our browser extension in particular.

This issue has now been resolved in version 8.10.8-47 of 1Password for Windows. To fix the issue, please check for updates and ensure you're using the latest version of 1Password for Windows:

How to keep 1Password up to date

If you disabled integration between the browser extension and the app in order to workaround the issue then you can re-enable that after updating. To do so:

1. Open the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click your account name in the upper left and select "Settings".
    3. In the Browser section, turn on "Connect with 1Password in the browser".
    4. Open your web browser
    5. Right click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings
    6. Under the General section turn on the option "Integrate with 1Password app"
    7. Re-launch the 1Password for Windows app

If you are still experiencing issues after updating please reply to this thread and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I've just update to version 8.10.8 (81008047) and this fixed it for me. THANK YOU :)

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

For me it is fixed as well. Thanks for fixing this!

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

Yep working again, thanks everyone !

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that everything is working again for you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.