iPhone not connecting to 1 Password

Options
OldsKris
OldsKris
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

Hi - I recently subscribed to 1Password and set up the system. It works well on our two iMacs, my Macbook Pro, and my iPhone but does not work on my wife's iPhone (an XR w i)S 16.5). She downloaded the latest 1Password app and has signed in properly. She followed these instructions, too:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

I also went to Manage Extensions in Safari on her iPhone and permitted access to 1Password.

For some reason her phone is still not permitting her to connect to all of the sites in our vaults.

Is there an iPhone setting that might be causing this hurdle to happen? Or?

Thanks for any advice you can offer,

Kris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @OldsKris! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! 🎉 I'm sorry that your wife is having trouble seeing her items in 1Password on her iPhone. Does she see all of her items when she opens the main 1Password app?

If she does see her items in the main 1Password app then can you tell me more about what you mean when you say that she's unable to "connect to all of the sites in our vaults"? Do you mean that she's unable to fill a login into a website or another app? Are there some websites where she is able to fill a login? Is she using Safari or another browser?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• OldsKris
    OldsKris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave_1P. She can see all the items in every vault. But when she tries to click on an URL in the item in the vault it never connects and provides access. For example, we tried a rental car booking site that she has an account for, or a bank account or an airline - all held back providing access. A few just show spinning icons. It looks like the default browser is Safari, which is why I went to Manage Extensions in Safari on her iPhone and permitted access to 1Password. But that did not help, either. We just downloaded the 1Password app on an iPad and it works fine too - just the problem is just this one iPhone (an XR w iSO 16.5). Kris

• Dave_1P
    Options

@OldsKris

Thank you for the reply. Can you post a screenshot of what you see when a website "held back providing access" and showed a spinning icon? Aside from the spinning icon do you see any error messages?

Can your wife follow the steps in this guide double-check that 1Password in Safari is enabled: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Once 1Password in Safari enabled, can she open Safari and then navigate to a website herself rather than tapping on an address in the 1Password app. On a website's login page does she see the login suggestion appear when she taps on either the username or password field on the page? The suggestion will look like this:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21832

• OldsKris
    OldsKris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave - here are two screen shots (w email addresses hidden) where things get hung up. iPassword in Safari has been enabled on the iPhone, too.
    Thanks - Kris

• Dave_1P
    Options

@OldsKris

Thank you for the screenshots. What happens when you tap on the suggestion in the dropdown menu rather than tapping on the blue button or the prompt above your keyboard?

If that also doesn't work then can you wife login to those websites on her iPhone when she types in her username and password manually rather than using 1Password to fill them in?

-Dave

• OldsKris
    OldsKris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave - no luck with drop down menu nor even when trying to enter email and password details directly by linking to an URL for the websites. So completely locked out. Kris

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@OldsKris

Thank you for the reply. I see that you're also discussing the issue with my colleagues over email and I recommend that you continue the conversation there since they'll be able to dig deeper. You'll receive a reply as soon as possible from the team. To prevent having the same discussion in two places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: IUR-26942-889

This discussion has been closed.