On IOS and 1password keeps asking me for master password

phil627
phil627
Community Member

Why do I have to enter my 1password master password over and over again ? On ipad IOS…..despite setting days or weeks, it keeps asking for every time for master password.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ipad OS 16.5
Browser:_ Safari and Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Asking for master password

Comments

• Hello @phil627! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being asked to enter your account password more often than expected. Are you being prompted for your account password when you open the main 1Password app from your iPad's home screen? Or when filling/saving a password inside of Safari or another app?

Can you tell me if you've already enabled Touch ID or Face ID unlock for 1Password on your iPad?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19987

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

It seems to occur from both 1Password app itself and from Safari. It is like it does not respect the time period that I specified in the app. I have enabled touch id on ipad.

• @phil627

Thank you for the reply. If you've already turned on Touch ID unlock for the 1Password app on your iPad then can you try the following test:

1. Open and unlock 1Password from your iPad's home screen (not from inside another app).
    2. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and then tap Lock.
    3. Tap on the Touch ID icon to the right of the password field to unlock 1Password using Touch ID.
    4. Open Safari.
    5. Try to fill your password into a website: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

Are you prompted to use Touch ID or are you forced to enter your account password when filling into Safari? If one of the steps didn't work then please tell me which step and describe what you see on your screen so that I can help further.

-Dave

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

I followed all the above instructions and now things seem to work properly. Was that a fluke or did the steps fix something ?

• @phil627

The steps that I posted were just a troubleshooting test and wouldn't have changed anything. In any case, I'm happy that things are working now. If you do run into the issue again then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

Thank you - will do

• Sounds good! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.