[Feature request] "Expanded Watchtower"

Options
Backspaze
Backspaze
Community Member

I'm posting this here since it's a general feature request that's not specific to a certain platform.

Watchtower is great for keeping track for items that are missing 2FA and/or passkeys. However, I like to keep track of which accounts I've actually added these two security features to. I've so far used tags to keep track of this, but it's manual labor and easy to forget. Since Watchtower automatically keeps track of which items are missing these two security features, I think it could be used for keeping track of items that have these features enabled, so you can display them quick and easy.

This could possibly be considered out of scope for Watchtower, as it's more of a "reverse Watchtower" and should maybe be a new feature called something else.

Meanwhile, I'll continue tagging my items for the same purpose, but hopefully you'll consider this feature request for a future implementation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Backspaze! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I've passed it along to the team. 🙂

In the meantime, you can search for all items that contain a 2FA one-time password by searching for one-time password. There isn't a way to search for passkey items in the same way right now but hopefully that is something that our developers will add in the future.

-Dave

ref: PB-33580585
    ref: dev/core/core#22295

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thanks for the tip! This sent me down a rabbit hole as there were some items that had a OTP but the field was called Engångslösenord which is the Swedish translation for one-time password. I have no memory of ever editing the label name, and the Windows app has yet to see a translation to Swedish, so I'm a bit confused about that.

A theory is that, as far as I recall, the old iOS app was translated to Swedish and I might've created some 2FA items from scratch on my phone, and - since the app was in Swedish - it set the label name to Engångslösenord. This theory is supported by a test I did just now and I've created a separate thread about that.

I've edited all entries of Engångslösenord I could find and replaced them with one-time password. Hopefully this means that once a Swedish translation is in place, all of the labels will be called Engångslösenord. But then again, you might've coded the app to not translate labels if someone has edited the name, even if they restore it to its original name.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Backspaze

Thank you for reporting an instance when searching for one-time passwords won't work. I've passed this along to the team as well.

And thank you for posting the other issue in the separate thread, let's discuss that separately there. 🙂

-Dave

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P About Watchtower. Does it warn you when any of your e-mails (used in items), show up on haveibeenpwned? Or only the e-mail bound to the 1Password account?

I only read about warnings of websites breached, so I assume if there was a data breach, let's say on Facebook, it would warn me to change my password on all items that have Facebook's URL. But if that's the case, if one of the items has a breached email address on a collection, will Watchtower ever warn to change the password on the items that use that email?

• @loggor

When you go to the Watchtower tab on 1Password.com, the Breach Report will...

Look up your email address in the haveibeenpwned.com database to see if you have any compromised accounts, including ones you haven't added to 1Password yet.

— from Use Watchtower to find passwords you need to change # Use Watchtower on 1Password.com, on the 1Password Support website.

It'll use the email address associated with your 1Password account for this.

If you want to be actively notified about breaches containing your email address (or other email addresses), the haveibeenpwned.com website offers this directly here:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/NotifyMe

Watchtower in the 1Password apps will monitor haveibeenpwned.com using information contained in your items and will alert you to any item-specific problems.

This discussion has been closed.