Show items NOT having a certain tag?

Options
Harag
Harag
Community Member

I'm in the middle of migrating over from LP to 1P and want to go through every single item - about 180 of them and change the password on sites, etc. However, as I can't do this in one sitting. what I want to do is assign a TAG to one e.g. "__Updated".

Is there a way to view all the items NOT with this tag so I know exactly which ones are left to do and which ones I've already done. I foolishly removed the "LastPass" tag from all of them before doing this...

OR is there a way to assign a tag to ALL items at once, then I can remove them one by one as I do them.

either way would be good.

Thanks (still getting use to the windows desktop app)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Harag! While it's not possible to search for items that don't have a particular tag, if the items that you've removed this tag from won't have any remaining tags at all, you can search for them by typing =untagged into the search box and hitting Ctrl + Enter.

However, if your items have other tags on them, this won't work for your situation. You can instead assign a tag to all of your items at once with the steps below:

1. Open the app, navigate to ⋮ > Settings > Appearance, and make sure that tags are enabled underneath Always Show in Sidebar.
    2. Close out of the settings menu, and click Edit on one of your items.
    3. Add a tag to the item from the + Add tag menu at the bottom, then save the item.
    4. Click on an item in the item list, then press Ctrl + A to select everything in the list.
    5. Drag the selected items onto the tag in the sidebar.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, let us know 😄

• Harag
    Harag
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem Excellent, good to know there is a way to assign a tag to all of them. As a suggestion maybe a search query of something like "-tagname" (minus at the start) to find all items that don't have that tag, or even a +tagname ? just a thought.

I did find a different way around it for now, I created a new "last pass" vault, and moved all the items to that vault, then as I go through and check them I can move them back to my personal vault. :) So all good so far. Thanks again

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Harag, I'm so pleased to hear that you've found a solution that works for you! I've gone ahead and filed your suggestion as a feature request with our product team.

If you have any further questions or feedback, let us know 😄

ref: 33654536

This discussion has been closed.