Feedback regarding 1Password 8's interface and local vaults

Options
luizgustavo
luizgustavo
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have been a 1Password customer since the first version, and I have contributed several times in the search for bugs. However, I am now being forced to migrate to version 8, which does not offer local vaults—an aspect that is extremely important to me, as I need to keep client passwords on-premise according to our contract. But I'm not lonely, many other customers also have this requirement, as I could find various complaints on different social media. To make matters worse, the interface of version 8 is dreadful. The usability of 1Password 7 interface is far superior—it is cleaner, easier to locate items, and simple to generate and manage passwords, without taking up too much screen space. It is straightforward and direct.

Now, we have an interface that is "prettier" (depending on the futility of the user) but filled with useless options and has terrible usability. I am willing to migrate between versions and pay for upgrades without any issues, and I also can pay a subscription, but I refuse to switch to version 8 with this interface and without local vaults. I have noticed that many other customers are in the same situation as me, seeking alternatives to 1Password. Is this the only possibility? Do our customer needs hold no value to you? Is the company capable of simply losing its old and loyal customers instead of providing a plausible solution?

PS.: I even tried using it for a day, thought about continuing with an account for personal use only, no customer data, but it was a very bad experience that I never intend to try again, I was pleased to request that my account be deleted, and this was the best part of my experience.

1Password Version: 7.9.833
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1702
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @luizgustavo! 👋

Thank you for the feedback. I see that you're also discussing the same topic with our support team over email and I recommend that you continue the conversation there. So that we can avoid having the same conversation in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: SLS-69626-267

This discussion has been closed.