1Password vs 1Password for Safari vs 1Password 7 -- Which one to use?

Options

I use 1Password on my MacBook Air on Chrome for use with a business account, and on both Safari and Chrome for use with my personal account. I see two apps in the applications folder: 1Password and 1Password for Safari. I also use it on my iPhone with Safari and apps. Here I just see an icon, so don't really know which version is installed, but now am seeing a "Get 1Password for Safari" message at the top of my screen, indicating (i assume) that I don't have 1Password for Safari installed. Can anybody explain which one I should have loaded where and when? Can I delete any? Do I need different passwords for each? I really have no idea which version I'm using at any given time or place, even between business and personal accounts.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.4
Browser:_ Chrome and Safari
Referrer: forum-search:where and when? Do I need different passwords for each? I really have no idea which version I'm using at any given time or place, even between business and personal accounts.

Comments

• @mcbsdo

On the Mac you'll want both 1Password and 1Password for Safari. They are companion apps. The extensions for Chrome and Firefox do not show up as separate applications. For those browsers you'll just see 1Password in the browser listed in the browsers extensions tab. No they all would open with the password you use to access 1Password.com. This is the password you'll always use to access your data.
    Get to know 1Password in Safari on your Mac

On iOS you would enable 1Password for Safari. It is part of the iOS app.
    Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

It could be that you have both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 on your device. If you search for 1Password does it bring up multiple copies?

This discussion has been closed.