Disable Auto Updating in v7.8.6?

Options
Kengel
Kengel
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

My 1P (Mac/BigSur) auto updated on 6/20 to v7.9.1 and has started spamming my screen with pop up "upgrade" ads any time a login comes up - and not allowing normal use due to an endless flurry of pop up ads preventing typing in login boxes.

I'm hoping I can go back to 7.8.6 (copy of the non-spamming version in Time Machine) and stop it from updating to this "improvement".

Since I use iCloud as well as have plenty of backups in my library/applicationsupport directory - deleting 1Password entirely and reinstalling it might be another possible option to fix the problem.

I tried tech support and all they said was "we can't guarantee a fix as 1Password 7 is a legacy app and no longer receives updates. [[EXCEPT FOR THE ONE PUSHED ON 6/20!!!]] To continue to use an updated and modern version of 1Password, you'll need to upgrade to 1Password 8 with a 1Password account membership"

1Password Version: 7.8.6 > 7.9.1 < 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.7.7
Browser:_ Safari 16.5

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Kengel! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an unwanted prompt when using an old version of 1Password. I see that you're currently discussing the issue with the team over email and I recommend that you continue the conversation there as they'll be in the best position to assist since they have access to the entire email thread. To prevent having the same discussion in two places at once, resulting in duplicated efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: FTD-97823-967

This discussion has been closed.