Why can't I edit this vault?

Options
Mork
Mork
Community Member
edited July 2023 in Mac

I have the new 1Password version on the mac (1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)), but when I right-click on a vault and try to edit it so I can change the icon -- in my own "Private" vault -- I'm greeted with "You can't edit this vault."

I don't see how to get around this problem (bug?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Mork! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for reporting the issue! I can reproduce the same behaviour myself and I've filed an issue for our developers to look into this further.

For the time being, you can change your Private vault's icon when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app). I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22736

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks Dave.

It wasn't clear how to change the vault icon on the online account. Couldn't figure it out.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Mork

I'm sorry for the confusion. You can change the icon for your Private vault on 1Password.com by followings these steps:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Click on the gear wheel below your Private vault.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Click on the vault icon.
    5. Choose the new icon and then click Save.

Let me know if you run into any issues. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked! I'd have never seen how to do that without your help. :)

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help! πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same problem on my mac. When I tap on the icon it says "you can't edit this vault".

It is not obvious from the thread how/if this was resolved as it ends by discussing changing the icon.

Thx

1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020021)

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Bakj

A bug report has been filed with the team. At present you would need to use 1Password.com if you're looking to change the icon.

ref: dev/core/core#22736

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

No, I do not want to change the icon. I want to amend the vault.

Thx

• @Bakj

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, this thread is discussing an issue that prevents a user from changing their Private vault's icon.

Can you tell me a little more about how you'd like to "amend the vault"? Are you trying to change the name of the Private vault? Or some other attribute of the vault?

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

My apologies for misunderstanding. There is a 'fit for travel' feature that I would like to use for this vault, however it looks like this feature is only available if you can amend the vault?

Thank you

Jeffrey

• @Bakj

Thanks for the clarification. You can mark a vault as "Safe for Travel" by using 1Password.com in your browser:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Click on the gear wheel icon underneath the vault that you'd like to mark as safe for travel.
    3. Turn on "Safe for Travel".

You can read more here: Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

I tried to do just this but the option is not available. It’s showing in all other vaults apart from this one.

Thx

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Bakj

Thank you for the reply. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Please make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

sure, please see attached

• @Bakj

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like you're in the desktop app, you'll instead need to go to the 1Password.com website in your browser to mark a vault as Safe for Travel:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Go to 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) and login to your account.
    3. Click on the gear wheel icon underneath the vault that you'd like to mark as safe for travel.
    4. Turn on "Safe for Travel".

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.