Unable to use Face ID to unlock 1Password for iOS

Options
AmRose
AmRose
Community Member
edited July 2023 in iOS

I see from previous threads that this has been a known issue with 1Password 8 for a long time now. it is also one of the BIG reasons I switched from ver. 7 to ver. 8.
Now I have to enter a VERY LONG (AKA:) Very Secure Master password for each and every time on my iPhone. I do find myself avoiding logging in to many sites on my phone because of this.

The bug is clearly in 1Password 8 and/or a conflict with the iOS.

Resetting to factory default on my device is a total cop-out for the app dev. After years with 1Password, this is not the support I have come to expect from this company.

Seriously disappointed.
1Password Version:_ 8.10.8
iOS Version:_ 16.5.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @AmRose! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password 8 using Face ID on your iPhone. I'm not aware of any current large-scale issues preventing Face ID unlock on iOS, can you post a link to the thread that you're referring to?

Regarding the issue itself, what happens when you try to use Face ID to unlock 1Password? Do you see an error message? Or does the option to use Face ID never appear? Can you make sure that you've turned on Face ID for the 1Password 8 app itself:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Security.
    4. Make sure that Face ID is turned on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• AmRose
    AmRose
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Here’s the link to the original thread- https://1password.community/discussion/132575/face-id-not-working-fixed-please-see-the-approved-answer-for-details

Yes, I have face ID turned on in Apple settings and in the app settings.

The option to use face ID to unlock 1password on my iPhone does not appear. I’ll post the screenshot below to show you what I actually see. Only the keyboard shows up below my avatar, (keyboard will not capture in screenshot).

Nothing else is available to login with Face ID.

• AmRose
    AmRose
    Community Member
    Options

• Dave_1P
    Options

@AmRose

Thank you for the reply. The issue that was being discussed in the thread that you link was resolved with the release of 8.10.0 back in February of this year. If you're still unable to turn on Face ID unlock for 1Password on your iPhone, and you're using a later version, then you're running into a different issue that we'll need to investigate further.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• AmRose
    AmRose
    Community Member
    Options

done. email sent

• AmRose
    AmRose
    Community Member
    Options

Did not receive any automated reply from BitBot

• AmRose
    AmRose
    Community Member
    Options

[#DJA-57395-676]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@AmRose

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Your diagnostics report made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will review the report and get back to you over email as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: DJA-57395-676

This discussion has been closed.