Watchtower doesn't show passkey sites

Options

I've updated Windows app, edge extension, android app to beta versions. When I look at watchtower it doesn't show any sites that use passkeys. I have google and ebay so I thought they would be there.

1Password Version: Windows 8.10.9 81009012, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.13.0 21300004, on BETA channel
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hey there @knotfinley

If you've already checked the "Show ignored alerts" section in Watchtower, try making a test item with https://google.com/ or https://ebay.com/ as the website field.

You'll also need to check that both the username and password fields are filled in, so that Watchtower will show you the passkey banner. If these are blank, it won't show the banner.

Let me know how things go, and we'll be here if you need anything. :)

— Grey

• knotfinley
    knotfinley
    Community Member
    Options

I got Ebay to work with 1password. When I set up passkeys in Ebay 1password saved it with my Ebay item and I was able to use it to sign on. Google still isn't working in 1password but it does work with my phone now. Still unsure what to do to get Google to work with 1password.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@knotfinley

Glad to hear you got eBay working. I've been able to save a passkey for my own Google account, so try following these steps to see how you get on too:

1. In your Google Account settings on the web, go to the Security tab, then under the How you sign in to Google header, choose Passkeys. If you want to go direct, click here: https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/passkeys
    2. Scroll to the bottom and click + Create a passkey, then Continue in the pop-up.
    3. The 1Password browser extension will appear and offer to save a passkey, and it'll look a bit like this:

Give it a go and let me know if that works for you.

• knotfinley
    knotfinley
    Community Member
    Options

Well that worked. Don't know what I was doing. Thanks for the help.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@knotfinley

I'm happy that Grey was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

• bennyd99
    bennyd99
    Community Member
    edited January 3
    Options

8.10.23 - Having the same issue, new laptop - 1p doesn't show passkeys available.

old laptop show as usual

tried to add new google account as suggested, checked under security settings to make sure check for passkeys enabled.

any help will be appreciated.
    Benny

• ag_tommy
    edited January 3
    Options

@bennyd99

I've removed one of the images for your privacy as this is an open community.

• @bennyd99

It looks like you've encountered an issue the team has classified as a bug. I don't have a time frame for a resolution. My apologies for that.

ref: dev/core/core#26764

• bennyd99
    bennyd99
    Community Member
    edited January 3
    Options

@ag_tommy thank you !

• Anytime.