Touch ID to unlock 1Pasword on iPad 9

Options
ink9well
ink9well
Community Member

I always have to put in my master password to unlock 1password on websites. How do I fix this..so it recognizes touch id, i have memorized my master password but itʻs cumbersome to have to use that everytime I have to sign into a website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IpadOS 16.5.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ink9well! 👋

You can unlock 1Password using Touch ID by following this guide: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

If Touch ID is already turned on for 1Password and you're still being asked for your account password then can you tell me if you're able to unlock both your iPad and other apps using Touch ID?

-Dave

• ink9well
    ink9well
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to go to websites on the Ipad the 1Password sign on is there, but I must put in my master password only. It will not give me the option of using Touch Id. I am able to use 1Password on my MacAir and on my Iphone without any problems.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ink9well

When you tap on the 1Password app from your iPad's home screen (not from inside of your browser) are you able to use Touch ID to unlock the main app? Or are you prompted for your account password there as well?

Can you also confirm that you're able to unlock your iPad and other apps using Touch ID?

-Dave

• ink9well
    ink9well
    Community Member
    Options

It only prompts me to put in master password; it does not prompt me to do touch id as an option. And I cannot unlock any apps with Touch ID. If I put in my master password I can get in. Thatʻs the only option.

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ink9well

Thank you for the reply. Please try the following steps in order:

1. Make sure that Touch ID is setup to unlock the iPad itself: Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support
    2. Open and unlock 1Password from your iPad's home screen (not from inside of a browser).
    3. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    4. Tap Security, then turn on Touch ID.
    5. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Lock.
    6. Enter your account password to unlock the app.

Now try to use Touch ID when you fill a login into a website: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• ink9well
    ink9well
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried everything, see copies of the photos below. Notice on the the first photo "Password" is checked off. When I try to click on Touch ID it gives me the prompt, "Turn on in Settings" which I followed into the 2nd photo. donʻt know what else to do. I am traveling soon and want my Ipad to utilize 1Password touch Id. Thanks again for your help.

• @ink9well

Check the iOS settings app. Open the iOS setting and then Touch ID. Is it enabled for use?

• ink9well
    ink9well
    Community Member
    Options

I finally figured it out. I hope one day you have phone support. So hard to include everything just via text notes back and forth. Everything is up and running. I have to say that 1 password works well ilon my iPhone and Mac Air, but the IPad is a whole other beast

• @inkwell

Sounds good. I'm glad you could figure it out. Apologies for the trouble.

Maybe some day we will, who knows what the future holds. The main reason why we do not is that email/community lets us list detailed steps and share links to resources, providing a reference that can be saved for the future.

This discussion has been closed.