Quick Access opening on wrong space

Options
phennig87
phennig87
Community Member

Hello togehter,

I have exactly the same Problem as the User in the Topic 140923, that has been closed already:

'When triggering quick access while in one of my many spaces, it no longer opens up on the space I am on, but on a different space altogether. Then I need to check all my spaces to try and find the quick access window.
Has been broken for a few versions now.'

Can anybody help to resolve the issue? It's very annoying.
I tried to reinstall 1Password, assign another Hotkey Combination, nothing worked.
With spotlight Search for example, this is not the case. it's accessible from anywhere.

Thank you,
Peter

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: All Browsers

Comments

• @phennig87

We have an open issue for this and the team is investigating. My apologies for the trouble. One thing I would check if you use multiple monitors is to make sure 1Password is not set to a specific monitor. Most folks in my experience do not set that but it's a good thing to check. I'll get your report added to our open issue.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@phennig87

Sorry for the double ping. Do you have any apps in full screen mode when this occurs?

ref: dev/core/core#22717

• phennig87
    phennig87
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Hello,
    yes, this is the case. I have Citrix Client running in Full Screen, because I need that for working.
    It was working really reliable a few weeks ago, the Full Screen Application were not hindering at all. I had exactly the same setup and configurations...something must have changed. I did not install any Applications on my Macbook or changed any System Settings.
    Could you please check if I can do anything?
    Thanks!

• phennig87
    phennig87
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Any clue how to solve the Issue?

Community Member
    Options

I've also been experiencing this issue randomly. It happens when I have multiple full-screen windows open, with multiple spaces involved.
    I haven't been able to find a way to consistently reproduce this problem.

• @phennig87

No, not at the moment. The team is still looking into this. My apologies.

• vman
    vman
    Community Member
    Options

Any news here? After more than a year, this still happens

• Hello @vman! 👋

I'm sorry that you're also running into an issue where Quick Access opens in the wrong space. I've split your comment into a separate thread so that I can ask you a few questions to make sure that you're running into the same issue or if we need to investigate your situation separately:

1. Is Quick Access opening in the wrong macOS space? How often does this happen?
    2. When the issue happens, are you using Safari in full screen mode?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• vman
    vman
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, thanks for getting back.

1. Happens from time to time, like 3-4 times a week. But once it happens, it stays like that for quite some time and I haven't found out when it starts working again.
    2. jup probably, I use safari in full screen most of the time
  • @vman

Thank you for the reply. It does indeed sound like you're running into a known issue that our development team still has in their backlog. The issue occurs when trying to open Quick Access when you also have Safari open in fullscreen. I've merged your comment back into the original thread since it is the same issue.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I've let the team know that you're affected. While I don't have any news to share on a fix at the moment, you'll see the fix noted in our release notes when, or if, the issue is resolved: 1Password Releases

-Dave