SSO login with new login URL generated every time.

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Mac

I have a situation where I need to enter the login and password for SSO login. The URL is changed every time as it is a dynamic URL. So now I am no more able to use 1PW. I have always has to query the login, select and say fill once. What is the solution to handle this situation please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Abhijit

This might be one the team will want to look into in more detail. Based on what you said it sounds like it might be challenging at the least. This will allow you to share any specific details in private that the team many need to ask about. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ag_tommy

What specific details do you require? I cannot share the URL. As I said it is dynamic in nature so every time it consist of different random characters. You ask me specifics and I will see if I can answer or share.

Thanks, Abhijit

• @Abhijit I'm not sure what the team may need. It would likely be best to send them an email where they can try to work with you and determine if anything can be done to fit your needs.

support@1password.com

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Since I am upgraded the macOS to Sonoma 14.1.1 the workaround 'I have always has to query the login, select and say fill once.' is no more working now. This is a complete blocker. Please help.

• @Abhijit

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling your login into a website. I've read over the entire thread and I understand that you're trying to fill your login into a website that you use for SSO whose URL is constantly changing. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. What portion of the URL is constantly changing? Is it the domain? Or the part after the domain?
    2. Are you filling your login credentials into an app? Or into a website open in a browser?
    3. Are you filling the login using Universal Autofill or the browser extension?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Hi Dave,

Here are the answers for your questions:

1. Not the domain but the part before the domain is changing with random stuff like "9dc693e80d9b469480d7afe00e7439" in it.
    2. Website open in a browser.
    3. Universal Autofill.

Need your help as this is a complete blocker.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Abhijit

Thank you for the reply. Do I understand correctly that the part that is changing is the subdomain so the URL looks like this:

9dc693e80d9b469480d7afe00e7439.domain.com

With domain.com itself staying the same all the time? If I have that right then Universal Autofill should be able to fill your login properly as long as you just save domain.com (not including any subdomains) as the website address in 1Password.

Please also make sure that the item isn't limited to a certain specific domain. In the 1Password for Mac desktop app, Edit the item, and then set the Autofill behaviour to "Fill anywhere on this website": Change where a login is suggested and filled

Then try to fill the item using Universal Autofill again. Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks Dave!

URL Look like this: https://idcs-9dc693e80d9b469480d7afe00e743931.identity.domain.com

Here 'idcs-' and 'identity' both are constant part of the URL.

And it is not working for this kind of URL formation in Sonota.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P @ag_tommy

Could you please help?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• @Abhijit

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to clarify, you said that the domain looks like this:

https://idcs-9dc693e80d9b469480d7afe00e743931.identity.domain.com

So only the part that I've marked with an X is changing:

https://idcs-X.identity.domain.com

Let me know if I misunderstood. If I got that right then:

1. If you open your Login item in the 1Password app, does the website address look like this:

Replacing domain.com with the appropriate domain. If it's something else then what do you have saved as the website address?

1. If you edit the item then what Autofill Behaviour do you have set:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

Trying the solution provided. I am not sure why the application goes in offline mode. Do you know the reason and how to bring it back to online mode? The reconnect action does not work here. Most of the time it is in Offline mode.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you so much, Dave! Your suggestion above has solved my problem.

Abhijit.

• @Abhijit

I'm happy that my suggestion helped. 🙂

I am not sure why the application goes in offline mode. Do you know the reason and how to bring it back to online mode? The reconnect action does not work here. Most of the time it is in Offline mode.

The most likely cause is that the app has lost internet access either due to network connectivity issues or something like a proxy/firewall. Are you still seeing the offline message? Does it appear on every network that you use? And are you using 1Password on a Mac, Windows, or Linux device?

Let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1PW on MAC. Is it happening because I go to VPN then disconnect, connect again, which causes our application to offline mode?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Abhijit

Thanks for the reply. When you disconnect and then reconnect to your VPN does the "Offline" message eventually go away? Or does it continue to stay visible until you disconnect your VPN again?

If it's the later then make sure that your VPN is allowing 1Password's required connections: 1Password ports and domains

-Dave