Autofill security

Options
cdb9554
cdb9554
Community Member

On an iOS device, If 1Password is setup to use touch or Face ID, you can require password every 2 weeks at the most frequent. Autofill of logins in supported browser does not require touch or Face ID, only opening the 1Password app requires biometrics, so the only thing standing between an non-authorized user logging into a website is the device passcode, not the much longer and more complicated 1Password password, or personal biometrics. Am I missing something? I don’t want to switch to requiring 1Password all the time, but would like to require password more frequently than 2 weeks (every few hours or so, at least on my phone, not necessarily my iPad).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @cdb9554

When you say "Autofill of logins in supported browser", are you referring to 1Password in Safari for iOS? 1Password for Safari appears in the 🧩 Extensions menu of Safari (ᴀA > 🧩 on iPhone).

If so, you can change how long it takes for 1Password in Safari to auto-lock:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Tap the account and collection chooser (the icon in the top-left corner) and choose Settings...
    3. In the Safari Extension section, change "Reauthorize After" to your liking.

You can choose a range of times from 15 minutes to 2 weeks. If 1Password in Safari hasn't been used in the time you specify, it'll auto-lock, which sounds like it'll do what you're looking for.

If you're referring to something else, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. :)

— Grey

• cdb9554
    cdb9554
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, that takes care of my concern. Thank you!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@cdb9554

You're welcome! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.