Interface question

Options

Hello,

Recently, I got a new windows machine and added the password in browser to it. In my other, older mac, I still use 1p7.

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to work out.

1. When I click on the extension, I can see about 7 of my favorites. This is fine, but since I have a larger resolution monitor, I prefer to expand (extend?) the viewable area so I can see more of them at once. On my mac, I just dragged the bottom edge, but I can't seem to do that here. I'd be ok if I can reduce the "height" of each button.

2. My next question is more of an interface thing. I notice when I click on the favorites, I have to click on the right-side of the item, instead of just anywhere on the item's name. I have to the slide the mouse the portion of the button that reads "open and fill". Is there an option/workaround to make the whole button clickable ? I like on the mac, and I find it much easier to use.

Thank for any help with this or with suggested searches to work around this issues.

1Password Version: 1Password in the browser
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• @buenor

1Password in the browser is not resizable like some of the older (classic) extensions were. I suspect that is what you are encountering. I'd be happy to file a feature request on your behalf to be able to resize the window in 1Password in the browser.

With regard to #2 I think the intended belief is that the left-hand side is a place to click to select the specific item and then the right-hand side is to facilitate the open and fill action. I usually click on the item icon when selecting a favorite.

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate the feature request, because I could not get any of the older versions of the extension working on Firefox.

I can kind of imagine what the line of thinking was regarding #2, though clicking less throughout the day reduces the strain on my wrist. If it is possible to reduce clicks, it will be always better. I have to admit, I’m spoiled with how friendly the extension works on the mac.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

clicking less throughout the day reduces the strain on my wrist.

Oh. you are so right. I've gotten that request filed for you. Thank you for continuing to remain a part of the family. Also, yes the older extensions are not compatible with the modern version of 1Password (Desktop).

ref: PB-34476847

This discussion has been closed.