How to install my current old stand alone 1Pword to an other Mac?

Options
Cerberus
Cerberus
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi everybody. I'm still using my old non subscription 1Passw. on my mac which is synched w. my IPhone. So far works fine for years.
I purchased an other MacBook recently and am in the process of reinstalling all my important apps on this new device. I'm a bit puzzled about how to

1. Where is my backup going to (Which location in Finder)? Ehat is it named in terms of file format?
  2. Where to find and download my current version?
  3. How to proceed the best trouble free way in general?

Any advise is much appreciated.
Thanks bunches in advance

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Version 7.9.10 (70910002)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
_Browser:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Cerberus! 👋

The team can definitely help you get up and running on your new Macbook. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates.

Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can collect more information about your setup and then advise on the best path forward. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member
    Options

Is this + allowed in an email address? Not sure if this is meant as a substitude in order to mislead spam bots.
    Thanks in advance

• @Cerberus

You can send your email to support+forum@1password.com

Our email service supports the use of plus addressing to create aliases and the system uses the portion after the + to automatically direct the email to the correct team. Are you running into an issue or error message when sending an email to that address?

-Dave

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, no I'm not running into issues since I hadn't even tried. Just wanted to be sure before starting mailing you guys. Thanks again

• @Cerberus

Understood. I've located your email and one of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: HPA-88569-743

This discussion has been closed.