Safari, Chrome etc. Extension 2.14.0 Broken - Edited title.

Options
ifarlow
ifarlow
Community Member

I just updated the Safari extension to version 2.14.0 and now the extension no longer works. If I try and use the extension, nothing happens. If I click on the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar, I get "Oops, something went wrong while loading."

I have tried reloading 1Password, but that doesn't help. I have tried rebooting the computer but that doesn't help. I only have one copy of 1Password running (version 8.10.9) and I am running the latest version of macOS (version 13.5).

I have to say, there has been a noticeable increase in issues since version 8 was released. Very disappointing.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.14.0
OS Version: 13.5
Browser: Safari

Comments

• VirtualWolf
    VirtualWolf
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same issue except I had just chalked it up to being on the beta extension (I wanted passkey support)... 🤔

1Password version — 8.10.9 (81009046)
    Extension version — 2.14.2 (21400201)
    macOS — 13.5
    Browser — Safari 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2)

• @ifarlow @VirtualWolf

Can you try the following?

Open Safari > Settings > Extensions and disable 1Password for Safari (remove the checkmark) wait a moment and then enable the selection (place a checkmark).

• VirtualWolf
    VirtualWolf
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting, so the extension is loading now, but it doesn't give me any option to unlock except putting my password in (I'm on a MacBook Pro with Touch ID and the app itself lets me use Touch ID, as did the extension until some point recently), and the "Integrate with 1Password app" option within the extension > Settings still says it's having problems connecting.

...and I just locked the extension (right-clicked on the icon in the toolbar and chose Lock) and now it's blowing up with the "Oops" message again except this time disabling and enabling the extension didn't do anything.

On a lark, I locked the main 1Password app, disabled the extension in Safari and waited a bit before reopening it, and NOW unlocking but with only the option for the password again.

aliensguy.jpg

• ifarlow
    ifarlow
    Community Member
    Options

Now the browser extension doesn't unlock the 1Password application in the macOS Menu Bar like it used to. As a result, I am not given the opportunity to use Touch ID with 1Password.

I then unlocked the 1Password app, and now the browser extension stopped working again and only presents the "Oops, something went wrong while loading" error.

• Hang in there for a few folks. I'm talking with the team.

• @ifarlow @VirtualWolf

Let's get you into a support email. Can you collect some logs for us so we can take a look at what is causing the trouble? Here's how:

The extension console log: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/
    A diagnostics report: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

• If this is site specific please let us know on which site this occurs. If it's not specific please notate that.

Send the email to us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• WilburPost
    WilburPost
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have been using 1Password for several years and it has been working great. Today, when I go to a website on Chrome, 1Password no longer auto-fills the password fields, rather I have to open the 1Password app and manually copy and paste usernames and passwords. Why?

Also, if I click on the 1Password extension icon in Chrome, I get the message: **Oops, something went wrong while loading. ** I can't find anything about this in the 1Password support articles; what do I do now? Thanks.

OS Version: Windows 11
    Browser: Chrome

• Shadowen
    Shadowen
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing started happening to me today. It was working as recently as yesterday.

OS Version: Windows 10
    Browser: Chrome Version 116.0.5845.97

• Finlander
    Finlander
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I have the same versions in use as OP but with (the latest version of) Chrome instead of Safari.

• Finlander
    Finlander
    Community Member
    Options

The problem started after a system reboot, so I'm guessing the latest version of 1Password and/or the browser extension became active.

• scottfulmar
    scottfulmar
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

The same thing just started happening to me, but in Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Same issue as everyone else. Tried to attach log file but your community boards won't accept .txt files?? Amusing since that's what the Console logs saving functions create. Anyway -- short enough just pasting logs into bottom of this message.

1P Beta 8.10.12 (81012010), macOS Ventura 13.5, Safari 16.6, Safari Extension 2.14.0 (was working fine before the Safari extension upgrade).

[Info] 01:46:57.334💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 01:46:57.334📤 Sending message to native core <573761340> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 01:46:57.428📥 Received message from native core <573761340> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 01:46:57.429📤 Sending message to native core <1314722064> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 01:46:57.441📥 Received message from native core <1314722064> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 01:46:57.441When requesting accounts we ran into a problem (background.js, line 2)
    [Error] 01:46:57.448Unhandled Promise Rejection: Error: No _itemCachePromise
    (anonymous function) (background.js:2:2553837)

• Finlander
    Finlander
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent my diagnostics in (though by now they probably know what's causing it). I believe the diagnostic logs should be sent to support+forum@1password.com

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly, even if they have an immediate fix, it will take at least a day or two to push it into the macOS App Store.

• Finlander
    Finlander
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, 1Password, can we download the previous extension version (crx) somewhere for a temporary fix... assuming it's the browser plugin and not the 1Password itself.. in which case a standalone installer would be great until macOS App Store catches up.

• Finlander
    Finlander
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox doesn't seem to be affected.

• oboesax
    oboesax
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, but I'm getting the message on Windows in both Opera and Edge
    extension v2.14.0
    Edge v115.0.1901.203
    Opera v101.0.4843.43 (chromium v115.0.5790.171)

• swngcat
    swngcat
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same error starting today in Mac Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (arm64) on a MacBook Air M2. Not sure if this behavior is related, but my Chrome browser has been unresponsive for several sites, even after checking for the latest version and reboots.

• boby51
    boby51
    Community Member
    Options

Same...

1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009046)
    Mac os 10.15.7 (19H2026)
    Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (x86_64)
    Extension 2.14.0

• scottfulmar
    scottfulmar
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, latest version of Chrome and 1Password, running on Windows 10 PC.

• boby51
    boby51
    Community Member
    Options

Have uninstalled browser extension quit chrome. Started Crome and installed extension and now working fine.

• ankushnarula
    ankushnarula
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue started for me today with 1Password for Safari 2.14.0 as released on Mac App Store. Tried reporting in 1Password for Browser group but when I post it gets saved to Drafts 😕 Have tried reinstalling and killing 1P processes in between to no avail. Extension background page console shows the same error as @BLD's log posted above.

• vk4apn
    vk4apn
    Community Member
    Options

As above reporting using Chrome browser, extension autofill doesnt work at all. Also extension and bottom of screen full app are not in sync anymore. I.e. locking extension and app worked in unison, locking one would lock the other and vice versa. Getting OOPS message. tried rebooting and pretty well what has already been listed before. Quickly losing confidence. Posted on other seemingly linked problem. Apologise in in advance, unsure as first time using this site. Tks Paul

• scottfulmar
    scottfulmar
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Can confirm what boby51 said above: uninstall the extension from Chrome, close Chrome, open Chrome, reinstall extension. You can also reinstall the extension from the 1Password app, just go to Settings>Browser. The extension now works fine for me. Thanks for all the help, 1Password . . . * eyeroll *

• scottfulmar
    scottfulmar
    Community Member
    Options

Someone in another thread found a fix, at least for Chrome. Uninstall the extension from Chrome, then close Chrome, open 1Password app, go to Settings>Browser, click on "Get 1Password for your browser." This will take you to the Chrome webstore's page for the extension, where you can reinstall it. The extension should work properly after that.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to pull the 1Password for Safari app version 2.13.0 off another Mac and downgrade that way. Hopefully they'll release 2.14.1 or whatever soon.

• sbauer
    sbauer
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to grab 1Password for Safari app version 2.13.0 off another Mac, but can't install it. How did you do that?

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm sorry for the delay, folks. The team has been working on your reports. You should be able to use 1Password in the browser version 2.14. We appreciate your patience while we continue to investigate the issue.

• Please try turning off the extension and turning it on again:
    1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click "Manage Extension."
    2. Turn off the 1Password extension and then turn it back on again.
    3. Click on the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar.

If the above steps do not work, follow these steps to get 1Password working in your browser again:

The actions below would necessitate you using your account password to unlock the 1Password in the browser until an update can be released. After releasing a new build, you can turn on the shared lock state and return to using biometrics for unlocking.

• Turning off the shared lock state:
    1. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon.
    2. Select settings.
    3. Turn off the General section's Integrate with 1Password app setting.
    • Turning on the shared lock state: (Only after a new release is issued)
    1. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon.
    2. Select settings.
    3. Turn on the General section's Integrate with 1Password app setting.

We will follow up here in the community when a resolution occurs. You have our apologies for the disruption.

• As some of you noticed a reinstall of 1Password in the browser may provide relief.

• thymaraK
    thymaraK
    Community Member
    Options

I have removed 1password extension from non-safari browsers and re-installed and, at least so far, that has worked

This discussion has been closed.