Options
dmj111
dmj111
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

This problem looks very similar to this old thread:
https://1password.community/discussion/comment/633692#Comment_633692

There are about 60 of these processes running and I needed to reboot to make them go away.

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: 2.14.0
OS Version: 13.1
Browser: chrome

Comments

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

After a reboot and starting up Chrome, there were 6 of these processes within a minute or two taking up as much CPU as they can.
    For now, I have disabled the extension, and am upgrading the OS.
    We have a second laptop with the same hardware that doesnt have this issue but: it is on a new macos, and and older 1password (7.9.6).

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

After upgrading the OS, the problem hasn't come back immediately like it did on a just a reboot, so looks promising.

• Hello @dmj111! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into performance issues with 1Password 7 on your Mac. 1Password 7 is no longer supported and isn't being regularly updated. Our latest version, 1Password 8, isn't affected by this issue and I recommend that you upgrade:

Please let me know if you run into any issues with installing 1Password 8 from our website and I'll be happy to help further. 😊

-Dave

ref: apple-5654

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

😳 . Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually upgrade major versions immediately to avoid catching early adopter bugs, but that has bit me this time since I forgot to eventually do the upgrade.

• @dmj111

I'm happy to help. Let me know if you do run into any issues and I hope that you enjoy the latest version of 1Password! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.