To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature request: custom templates for 1Password items.

Options
wolfspyre
wolfspyre
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Memberships

y'all have several neat object types, for common use cases.

however...
your object attributes are not perfect for everyone.

for example, some sites don't have 'username's ... just email...

The 'Login' template will not allow the user to rename the 'username' field, nor will it allow the users to place the 'email' field as a primary piece of data.

another example.... some people might want to have sections which contain several sets of information.... ie:

admin creds

username / password

normal creds

username / password

console login

contract #

support contact [associated contact card]

I would like the ability to set decorations for object attributes... ie the ability to change the color of a custom section with credentials in it...

the 'create a generic unpopulated item and just clone it' "workaround" is.... really just not a solution. considering this request has been in existence... uh... for a little bit ;)

https://1password.community/discussion/61058/adding-a-set-of-custom-fields-custom-section-on-mac

it would be nice to provide a bit more flexibility here. or, barring that, can you help me understand why this is problematic? it feels sorta.... arbitrarily restrictive.... IE:

[[tongue firmly in cheek here]]
"You may choose any color you want so long as it's blue like Dog intended. Don't be a Skwirrel. only Skwirrels and Cats like red."

y'know?

you've already got the notion of categories, and have templates associated with those categories... it's so close.... ;)

1Password Version: 8.10.12
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wolfspyre,

While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request internally to bring this to the attention of our team. Your feedback, along with feedback from our other customers, helps them immensely with their planning.

I do think this would be such a helpful feature so thank you again for your suggestion, we appreciate your feedback and love hearing from you - Please let me know if you ever have other ideas on how we could improve 1Password or if there is anything else I can help you out with!

This discussion has been closed.