Hold Option to toggle revealed fields not working in 8.10.12 (81012034)

Options
pouwerkerk
pouwerkerk
Community Member

1Password for Mac appears to have broken the very useful feature of holding "Option" to reveal fields.

1Password Version: 8.10.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.5 (22G74)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• pouwerkerk
    pouwerkerk
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a GIF demonstrating the bug.

• GreyM1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi there @pouwerkerk

You're right. This is a bug which the Development team have been looking into and have now resolved. It's back to working as expected in the Nightly version, and will trickle through the Beta version and then to the Production version following the usual testing. Sorry for the inconvenience it's caused.

There are a couple of workarounds in the meantime:

• Open 1Password's Settings > Security, and toggle "Hold Option to toggle revealed fields" off and back on, or
    • Press ⌘R (Command–R) to show or hide concealed fields without having to hold a key

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#22935

• @pouwerkerk

1Password version 8.10.16 now includes a fix for the issue that could prevent the “Hold key to toggle revealed fields” option from working properly after 1Password was closed and reopened.

You can find instructions on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Would it be possible to add this functionality in the browser extension as well?

• @moonpup

You can reveal concealed fields in the browser extension by pressing Control-Option on your keyboard. If that isn't working then please create a new thread in our extension category so that we can investigate further. 🙂

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

I didn't realize that, thanks for the tip and it works perfectly!

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.