Main window placement & size

Options
truekster
truekster
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Mac

In 1Password 7 the size and location of the main window would remain as I set it, even after a reboot. But now the window defaults to the middle of the screen in a size not to my liking. This adds unnecessary fiddling with every reboot. I have seen other posts about this issue going back a couple of years, so I hope you fine folks will get around to fixing this.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: macOS 13.5.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @truekster! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issue with 1Password's window position. Are you using an external or attached display? Or just a single display? Do you see the issue on a Macbook or Mac?

Our developers have recently made improvements in this area and we're testing them in the latest nightly beta version of 1Password for Mac. Would you be interested in temporarily trying the nightly to let us know if the fixes improve your situation as well? If you are then follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Nightly.
    5. Click About and click "Check for updates". Then follow the update process.

After updating you might see the issue one more time when the app starts and then it should remember position after that.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23230

• truekster
    truekster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave. I have a Mac Studio M2 Max and an Apple Studio Display. I am not much interested in playing with Beta versions of anything. Cheers!

• @truekster

I completely understand not wishing to try the beta/nightly. So that the team can confirm that you're affected by the issue that we're currently investigating, can you please reproduce the issue one more time and then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• truekster
    truekster
    Community Member
    Options

[#HUQ-29794-346]

• @truekster

Thank you for posting the Support ID, you'll receive a reply from the team soon. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: HUQ-29794-346

This discussion has been closed.